Reload this Page >

UK TV when in Canada

UK TV when in Canada

Old Sep 25th 2014, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default UK TV when in Canada

Hi,
The house we will be renting in Canada will have a basic Eastlink package and we have been told we can add any package we want providing we pay for it.

I have looked at Eastlink and it looks quite complex so Ive started looking at UK TV.
Does this sound like this will work, If i subscribe to just sky go you can buy the whole package for £40 p/m then subscribe to a expat network for £5 p/m which enables you to watch all UK TV from Canada (through pc / tablet). This would enable me to use the SKY go app.
Now I know TV isnt a big deal but id like to stay in touch with the football (soccer)
OR
Can anyone suggest how I can still watch the football through other Canadian packages?
Old Sep 25th 2014, 2:03 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK TV when in Canada

Have a look at which networks here carry the games - a number do carry premier league games. The number you get varies depending on which package of channels you get.

When you say UK TV, do you just want to be able to watch the channels, or do you want to be able to watch them specifically on a television?

If you do a search on here you will find tons of threads.

Our setup: We pay for a service called unotelly, which spoofs our location so that we appear in the UK for things like ITV Player, iPlayer, 4OD, and so on. $48USD/year. Works great. (IT also enables us to watch Netflix from any country, not just Canada.)

We are currently living with my parents, who have a cable package, and the major sports networks carry a handful of premier league games, so my husband is happy enough with that. When we move into our own house we are going to put up an aerial which will pick up broadcasts of the main Canadian and American networks, who also broadcast a few games, so we'll just go with that.

The other option is that there's a service based in New Zealand called PRemier League Pass, which gives you access to all premier league games for something like NZ$200ish for the season (or $20 for a week's access). Unotelly is compatible with that service, so we may be signing up for that, but we'll see how we get on with the aerials.

Hope that helps a bit!
Old Sep 25th 2014, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinm
Hi,
The house we will be renting in Canada will have a basic Eastlink package and we have been told we can add any package we want providing we pay for it.

I have looked at Eastlink and it looks quite complex so Ive started looking at UK TV.
Does this sound like this will work, If i subscribe to just sky go you can buy the whole package for £40 p/m then subscribe to a expat network for £5 p/m which enables you to watch all UK TV from Canada (through pc / tablet). This would enable me to use the SKY go app.
Now I know TV isnt a big deal but id like to stay in touch with the football (soccer)
OR
Can anyone suggest how I can still watch the football through other Canadian packages?
I havent tried Sky Go for a while, but last time we did, the service wasnt reliable through a VPN. Would be interested to hear of any recent experiences though.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself an Android box , all the BBC ITV C4/5 and all Sky Sports .
Old Sep 25th 2014, 3:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably you need something to spoof the location, though? It shouldn't just work without a service to do spoofing?
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:43 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinm
... id like to stay in touch with the football (soccer)
OR
There are plenty of EPL and Champions League games on the regular Canadian Sports channels: TSN and SportsNet. Some of the channels are included in regular cable packages but in my area you have to pay extra for the channel that shows one of the Sunday games.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:45 am
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Unblock-us.com to spoof your location and allow access to iPlayer/4OD etc...

Plex possibly to play some of it (but not mandatory)... worked for iPlayer very well.

If you can borrow someone's skygo account (which you obviously can't because no one breaks the rules) all the better
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:47 am
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Get yourself an Android box , all the BBC ITV C4/5 and all Sky Sports .
Which box are you using? Just curious... (slightly off topic) but I'm waiting for Android TV (i.e. this: Android TV) but wondering how others are finding them
Old Sep 26th 2014, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

gbox mx2 , wifi , just like watching normal tv (except better).
Old Sep 26th 2014, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
gbox mx2 , wifi , just like watching normal tv (except better).
How easy is it to access Uk content via iPlayer or Skygo etc?
Old Sep 26th 2014, 2:52 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Is their X4 combo the best package, or are they flogging add-ons? What I'm getting at is long term what is the best bang for the buck?
Old Sep 30th 2014, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough

I use witopia as a VPN service that spoofs my IP address - works out at $50 a year and means that I can watch TV online from virtually anywhere. It allows two connections at once so I share mine with my bro in Calgary. I can also switch my Netflix account to the US or UK for better choices too.

If you want to watch football then any of the sports packages with Sportsnet world will get you every EPL game that is played as well as all the CL and most FA Cup too. I watch more football in Canada than I did in the UK and it's cheaper too.

Last edited by jaminsk1; Sep 30th 2014 at 6:26 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2014, 6:16 pm
Concierge

I use Unotelly, which is similar to Unblock-US. DNS service, not VPN, and spoofs on a site-by-site basis. So when I go to BBC I'm spoofed as in the UK; when I go to Netflix I'm spoofed as in the US, and so on. US$48/year.

There's also an option to configure it in the router, so any device behind the router automatically respects the settings. Confused my cousin when he came to visit and couldn't work out why my Netflix looked so much better than his. :P Friends from the UK were visiting this weekend and were very pleased to be able to watch last week's Great British Bake Off.

Old Sep 30th 2014, 6:41 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

similar topic on the maple leaf thread ...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/maple...canada-844163/

as someone pointed out on that one, the link below works, its free - but the quality is ....

Camposat.Tv

use the 'Freeview TV guide' for program listing - remember the time difference

http://www.freeview.co.uk/whats-on/tv-guide

my daughter uses identitycloaker.com enables her to change her IP address as though she is in the UK to allow her to watch Brit TV

Last edited by not2old; Sep 30th 2014 at 6:46 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2014, 12:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Camposat.Tv
as someone pointed out on that one, the link below works, its free - but the quality is ....
Absolutely fine on the ITV one I used for footie highlights earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.