Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK tv in Canada

UK tv in Canada

Old Oct 30th 2011, 6:57 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK tv in Canada

I've done some searching through the forums and on google but a lot of the info seems out of date.

Is there anyway of watching tvcatchup or similar in Canada on and iPad/PC?

Prefer not to have to download as streaming would be better but if that is the only option.

Cheers
Old Oct 30th 2011, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK tv in Canada

I have just started using easy-hide-ip.com
and its great! Costs $29.99 I think for the year, and well worth it!
x
Old Oct 30th 2011, 10:45 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Does it work with tv catchup in Canada?
Old Oct 30th 2011, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

We use iportal. As long as your broadband connection is good then its great. Costs €5 per month or cheaper if you pay for whole year upfront.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

"Expat Shield" works fine and it's completely free.
Why pay?
Old Oct 31st 2011, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

But is there ever any issue with speed?
I had heard that sometimes the free ones can be slow, and have issues connecting etc?
Would be interested to hear your view!
Thanks!
x
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

etjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant futureetjotoft has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Animal
I've done some searching through the forums and on google but a lot of the info seems out of date.

Is there anyway of watching tvcatchup or similar in Canada on and iPad/PC?

Prefer not to have to download as streaming would be better but if that is the only option.

Cheers
Hi
You can download something called "Expatshield" onto your Pc and it allows you to watch all the uk Iplayer, itv player etc on your pc.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:55 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny. When I moved to Canada access to UK TV was the least of my worries. I dont get the obsession with it to be honest, but I guess Im just not a TV type of person.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian_Fig is an unknown quantity at this point

If you use Firefox then just download this add-on:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ddon/stealthy/

You can watch any catchup service from the UK with this as they all think you are from the UK, also works with US sites and other global blocks.
Its free...no need to part with any loon's
Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:53 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Its funny. When I moved to Canada access to UK TV was the least of my worries. I dont get the obsession with it to be honest, but I guess Im just not a TV type of person.
It wasn't mine until I saw what was available locally

I don't think many people are really that bothered, but it's so easy to do now-a-days so why not watch something you like. A VPN connection is a lot cheaper than cable too - or even free if you don't mind installing adware like expat shield.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 1:01 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Animal, thank you for this post - I don't think I am a TV person, as such, I just like to watch a bit of TV now and then of the sort of thing I like. Our son, ten years old, is fairly happy with Canadian television, but admits to missind CBBC, but I miss the BBC and TV dramas. I am not a fan of Ex-pat shield as it seems to me to be a pain in the parts, and I would happily pay for something simple and effective. Canadian TV seems to show exactly the same films as the rest of The world, but I do miss a Downton Abbey etc!
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

Expat shield works well, not on iPad though. We occasionally get some buffering, and doesn't work on all channels, works itvplayer and bbc iplayer. BBC are launching a worldwide service which is apparently going to work on iPad, only down side is they are going to charge a monthly subscription.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 2:56 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rich07
BBC are launching a worldwide service which is apparently going to work on iPad, only down side is they are going to charge a monthly subscription.
Depending on how much, I think plenty here won't think of that as a down side. If it's reliable, I think most will be happy.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 11:10 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Depending on how much, I think plenty here won't think of that as a down side. If it's reliable, I think most will be happy.
Yes certainly me:
Old Nov 1st 2011, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Sometimes you just need a Stephen Fry fix.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.