Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Sony Bravia TV in Canada

Wikiposts

UK Sony Bravia TV in Canada

Old Mar 28th 2012, 10:00 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Sony Bravia TV in Canada

As I have championed many times before - if it isn't nailed down, bring it! There'll be enough things you'll have to buy without having to replace things unnecessarily.

Glad your things arrived safely. It's an anxious moment when they start to unload!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

sonnyjames is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll just add to this thread that our stuff arrived last week and everything except the Magimix and my wife's hairdryer works perfectly with a simple adaptor stuck on the end of the plug.

So I'm also in the 'If it ain't nailed down, ship it' camp
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:37 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonnyjames
I'll just add to this thread that our stuff arrived last week and everything except the Magimix and my wife's hairdryer works perfectly with a simple adaptor stuck on the end of the plug.

So I'm also in the 'If it ain't nailed down, ship it' camp
If you buy a cheap transformer even the Magimix will work just fine - as will the hair dryer. The brownie I am about to chomp is testament to the former!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 10:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
If you buy a cheap transformer even the Magimix will work just fine - as will the hair dryer. The brownie I am about to chomp is testament to the former!
Interesting...I've had a look on Google but any suggestions / recommendations as to where one might find a 'cheap' transformer?!

Brownie. Mmm.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:01 am
Just Joined

kennykill is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do you live? I've never been into either place but walked past them a few times. See what you think.

http://www.mainelectronics.com/110_220XFMER.htm

http://www.foreignelectronics.ca/
Old Mar 29th 2012, 11:04 am
"In cruce vincam"

Interesting...I've had a look on Google but any suggestions / recommendations as to where one might find a 'cheap' transformer?!

Brownie. Mmm.
you can buy them online at www.voltageconverters.com They are efficient quiet and VERY useful. I think we have 4 of them in total - running all sorts of things when and where we need them.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys - without wishing to be too spoon fed (and secretly really wanting to be), is there a specific make / model that's serving you well or you'd recommend? We've seen huge price ranges and while we want to get something that works, I don't really want to spend a fortune on it if we can get one cheaper that would do as good a job.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 3:23 am
Just Joined

kennykill is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys - without wishing to be too spoon fed (and secretly really wanting to be), is there a specific make / model that's serving you well or you'd recommend? We've seen huge price ranges and while we want to get something that works, I don't really want to spend a fortune on it if we can get one cheaper that would do as good a job.
Come on sonnyjames, you've been out of the cradle long enough now! I can't help on makes and models though, I don't use them. All I do know is that make sure you get a big enough one to run what you need. In that I mean, if it's just one appliance then it's straight forward what power you need, but if you're gonna add another one or two appliances the converter needs to have enough capacity to pump out enough power for all of them. Simply add up the amount for all the appliances and get the right size converter.
Old Mar 30th 2012, 3:26 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'd set of to the junction of Dixie and Matheson in mississauga

I'd assume you'd come up from the south so you'd wnat to turn left into matheson

There are several electronic stores, Sayal is proabbly the best, but you have three to choose from that will sell this type of thing

Sayal has a web site if you want to comapre prices
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:35 am
Just Joined

pigfender is an unknown quantity at this point

Kenny,

Thanks for posting the update about your Bravia. Great to hear it works fine. I have a 40" Bravia of my own that is very relieved to hear that it will be able to make the journey with us after all!

Just three weeks left until we fly. Best start thinking about packing!!
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:44 am
"In cruce vincam"

With Voltageconverters.com, if the order is over a certain amount the shipping is free (can't remember the amount though - sorry!).