Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Sky TV in Canada?

UK Sky TV in Canada?

Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

MadeleineMcDonnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Sky TV in Canada?

Hello there, I'm new to the forum, happy to 'meet' you all.

My husband and I just moved to Montreal. We have Sky TV in the UK and have brought our Sky card with us. We realise of course that we won't be able to get Sky through the TV via satellite but does anyone know if we can get Sky online, then perhaps hook the laptop up to our TV?

Any advice gratefully received.

Madeleine

P.S. Cold here, isn't it
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Sky TV in Canada?

Originally Posted by MadeleineMcDonnell

My husband and I just moved to Montreal. We have Sky TV in the UK and have brought our Sky card with us. We realise of course that we won't be able to get Sky through the TV via satellite but does anyone know if we can get Sky online, then perhaps hook the laptop up to our TV?

Madeleine

P.S. Cold here, isn't it
I have no idea how you do it but somebody mentioned this a few weeks ago. I think it was a bit like using BBC iPlayer but for Sky...
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Madeleine

P.S. Cold here, isn't it
http://go.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do

try this...
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Ah, I tried that but, as it couldn't confirm that my ip address was in the UK/Ireland, it denied me access ... ?
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Ah, I tried that but, as it couldn't confirm that my ip address was in the UK/Ireland, it denied me access ... ?
You need to use a vpn to trick the site into thinking you are in the UK.

We use http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk/. Works a treat for BBC, ITV, Channel 4 etc. Tried it last year with a friend's sky account and from what I recall it worked fine with that too.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Oooh, ta very much indeed, we'll give it go
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you cancel your Sky account in the UK, the Sky Go service will no longer work.

If however you have friends in the UK who have Sky, and havent already signed up to Sky Go, you can ask them to let you have their Sky account details.

I use my parents Sky Card number, and get access to 32 live Sky Channels, plus loads of on demand content.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Oooh, ta very much indeed, we'll give it go
Costs gbp#5 per month through Paypal. There are free ones such as expat shield but they are hit and miss.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jericho
Once you cancel your Sky account in the UK, the Sky Go service will no longer work.

If however you have friends in the UK who have Sky, and havent already signed up to Sky Go, you can ask them to let you have their Sky account details.

I use my parents Sky Card number, and get access to 32 live Sky Channels, plus loads of on demand content.
Thanks. We're only here for a couple of years so have kept our Sky account at our address in the UK. I'm hoping that we should be OK with our own Sky account details. I'll leave it until Alpha Male gets home from work, that's his department. Thanks again for the help!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. We're only here for a couple of years so have kept our Sky account at our address in the UK. I'm hoping that we should be OK with our own Sky account details. I'll leave it until Alpha Male gets home from work, that's his department. Thanks again for the help!
Does his mean you wont be sampling the delights of Candian TV and highly acclaimed Canadian produced shows such as Anne of Green Gables, the Anne Murray Christmas special, Heartland etc etc
Come on who cant resist Hockey Night in Canada on a Saturday evening.
You do realise that you may have to get up at 6.30 am or sooner depending where you are in Canada to watch certain Premier League games or scive off on a Wednesday afternoon as they start around 2pm.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Alpha Male is very much into the Ice Hockey, wants to go but what the heck's the deal with the price of tickets???

We move around with AM's job and, although we always start somewhere new with good intentions to completely integrate into the local community, language and all, we usually end up creating our own little British bubble like the true 'Brits abroad' that we are.

I recently found Cawronation Street . It's behind the UK here but seems to be catching up with two shows a night. I'm missing Smellydale though!

Well, that should endear me to those of you truly Canadianised folk.

Thanks a million, again, for the Sky TV advice
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Does his mean you wont be sampling the delights of Candian TV and highly acclaimed Canadian produced shows such as Anne of Green Gables, the Anne Murray Christmas special, Heartland etc etc
Come on who cant resist Hockey Night in Canada on a Saturday evening.
You do realise that you may have to get up at 6.30 am or sooner depending where you are in Canada to watch certain Premier League games or scive off on a Wednesday afternoon as they start around 2pm.
Or use a DVR.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Madeleine

P.S. Cold here, isn't it

When I bought a Xbox 360 over here I logged in with my UK Xbox gamertag account and it auto downloaded all the apps I used in the UK, one of which is the Sky App with live TV that I used back home.. you have to have a active account and the details though
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

you can allways download your favourite UK TV shows!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 9:28 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Alpha Male is very much into the Ice Hockey, wants to go but what the heck's the deal with the price of tickets???
Try the Quebec Major Junior League. Maybe not quite the size and skill of the NHL but more passion. The Blainville-Boisbriand Armada can't be far. Tickets typically 10%-20% of NHL prices.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.