UK Elections

Old May 7th 2010, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default Re: UK Elections

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Hung parliament last time I looked.

Cameron speaking 14.30 UK time.

Clegg indicated he may jump in with Cameron.

Not over yet....
Don't worry, the poor peeps that were turned away may be eligable for £750 in compensation!!!!! Which huge pot of money does that come out of? Now where did I put my polling card?????...
Old May 7th 2010, 6:28 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Other than the idiots who ran out of polling cards, the rest who were unable to vote only have themselves to blame. The Polling Stations were open for 15 hours though the day and night. The option to vote via post was also there.

Again, here we have the media doing what it does best these days.
I watched it all on TV - quite enjoyed it actually. Though I'm not sure what the point of the BBC's celebrity boat was; even andrew neil looked like he wondered wtf he was doing there.

Still, I see calls to reform the way people vote etc because the system is 'clearly at breaking strain', maybe with the use of electronic voting etc. No, you idiots, just put enough people at the polling stations instead of assuming nobody is going to turn up.
Old May 7th 2010, 6:32 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I watched it all on TV - quite enjoyed it actually. Though I'm not sure what the point of the BBC's celebrity boat was; even andrew neil looked like he wondered wtf he was doing there.

Still, I see calls to reform the way people vote etc because the system is 'clearly at breaking strain', maybe with the use of electronic voting etc. No, you idiots, just put enough people on instead of assuming nobody is going to turn up.
I watched the Beeb'c coverage as they were conveniently streaming it all online with no thought to geographical restrictions. I similarly thought the celebrity party boat was pointless and far less amusing than Jeremy Vine's insertion into a bizarre election virtual reality world. The walking up and down the stairs at No 10 with various pictures of prime minsters past, was particularly funny. Oh yes, and it was refreshing to see just how abrasive Paxman can be, particularly when it's 3am and he is presumably running a sleep deficit!

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; May 7th 2010 at 6:55 pm.
Old May 7th 2010, 6:44 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005

Still, I see calls to reform the way people vote etc because the system is 'clearly at breaking strain', maybe with the use of electronic voting etc. No, you idiots, just put enough people at the polling stations instead of assuming nobody is going to turn up.
And why the hell were they asking Joan Collins questions on political affairs? If I had paid my tv license, I'd be incandescent with rage.
Old May 7th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

How long until the next election then?

3 months
6 months
1 year
3 years
5 years

On past performance in this situation 6 months
Old May 7th 2010, 6:48 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
And why the hell were they asking Joan Collins questions on political affairs? If I had paid my tv license, I'd be incandescent with rage.
I was surprised to find out she was still alive. Her reactionary ignorance was marginally less annoying than twats from the apprentice trying to sound like they were giving some kind of informed opinion.
Old May 7th 2010, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I watched the Beeb'c coverage as they were conveniently streaming it all online with no thought to geographical restrictions. I similarly thought the celebrity party boat was pointless and far less amusing the Jeremy Vine's insertion into a bizarre election virtual reality world. The walking up and down the stairs at No 10 with various pictures of prime minsters past, was particularly funny. Oh yes, and it was refreshing to see just how abrasive Paxman can be, particularly when it's 3am and he is presumably running a sleep deficit!
Jeremy Vine find had this weird stoop. I think I was actually shouting 'stand up man' at the tv by about 10pm (Vancouver time)
Old May 7th 2010, 6:56 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs AX asked: 'Why are they asking Joan Collins questions, what's she got to do with Britain or Politics?' It was a fair point I think.
Old May 7th 2010, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I watched the Beeb'c coverage as they were conveniently streaming it all online with no thought to geographical restrictions. I similarly thought the celebrity party boat was pointless and far less amusing the Jeremy Vine's insertion into a bizarre election virtual reality world. The walking up and down the stairs at No 10 with various pictures of prime minsters past, was particularly funny. Oh yes, and it was refreshing to see just how abrasive Paxman can be, particularly when it's 3am and he is presumably running a sleep deficit!
The Alex Salmond interview was a good one. Somehow I don't think they make it on each others Chrismas Card list!
Old May 7th 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Really enjoyable to watch grumpy old Dimbleby and Paxman grilling people all night. I really miss good hard-nosed questions and journo's who don't buy the bullshit. You really don't see it here in Canada...ever. Journalists are far too polite and worried about offending people and have no personality. I forgot how much I'd missed watching politicians squirm. Politics is far more interesting and full of character in the UK than here, where it's just totally bland.
Old May 7th 2010, 7:50 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Had she lived in Luton do you think she'd have voted for Esther Ranzen? possibly not only just over 1000 did.

Paxman was rude and brilliant as usual!

Last edited by dollface; May 7th 2010 at 7:52 pm.
Old May 7th 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Really enjoyable to watch grumpy old Dimbleby and Paxman grilling people all night. I really miss good hard-nosed questions and journo's who don't buy the bullshit. You really don't see it here in Canada...ever. Journalists are far too polite and worried about offending people and have no personality. I forgot how much I'd missed watching politicians squirm. Politics is far more interesting and full of character in the UK than here, where it's just totally bland.
I agree.
Old May 7th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Had she lived in Luton do you think she'd have voted for Esther Ranzen? possibly not only just over 1000 did.

Paxman was rude and brilliant as usual!
Ah well Esther, .............Thats Life ! ...............I'll get my coat !!
Old May 7th 2010, 10:27 pm
Soulless bureaucrat

Lemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond repute

Kirsty from Location Location was on Andrew Marr's boat saying as how she didn't want to take a job in government as 'too many people work there already' and slagging off civil servants.

Unlike posh aristo estate agents of course, who are a fine upstanding bunch of productive members of society.

And where was Phil?
Old May 7th 2010, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lemonfish
Kirsty from Location Location was on Andrew Marr's boat saying as how she didn't want to take a job in government as 'too many people work there already' and slagging off civil servants.

Unlike posh aristo estate agents of course, who are a fine upstanding bunch of productive members of society.

And where was Phil?
She is one of the most objectionable people on TV.

Phil went bankrupt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.