Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK - Canada by sea - anyone tried it?

UK - Canada by sea - anyone tried it?

Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK - Canada by sea - anyone tried it?

[QUOTE=sans;5843461]
Originally Posted by Coffeepot

Hope your not planning on driving the ship if so do you think you could park it in someone elses back yard
Don't know what you mean
Old Jan 27th 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Once again, for anyone contemplating this option.

In order to use the visa-waiver scheme it is mandatory to have a return or onward ticket if entering the United States by sea or air.

If your plan is to enter the U.S. and then leave over the land frontier, then you need a U.S. tourist visa. Unless you have a Canadian or Bermuda passport (different rules).
Thanks JAJ will check it out,
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:27 am
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Coffeepot;5842397]
Originally Posted by woofwoof
pub crawl eh mmmmmmmmmmm
sans your coming the return trip maybe we should just stay on till we get to your back garden, then you can come back that way,

got to tell you i asked if there was any limit to how much we could take on board was told no there isn't then the lady i was talking to said the last time she was on board, someone had loads in there cabin but the thing that made her do a double take was a lawn mower
in the cabin, WOOFWOOF was that you
well you never know when it might have come in handy
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:53 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=woofwoof;5844186]

well you never know when it might have come in handy

Oh come on tell the truth!!! Ive seen your hair
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

woofwoof is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=sans;5846196]

Oh come on tell the truth!!! Ive seen your hair
I had to take it on board to cut all the turf that I packed to lay on our balcony We did like to have reminders of home .

FAO coffeepot....cunard are not joking, you can take as much as you like...the only way you might have a problem, as we found out, is when you disembark.
The first time we went my wife packed enough clothes to last her probably 6 months. Didn't think anything of it until we found we couldn't fit the luggage in a taxi....when we came to get on a train the people at the luggage check in wouldn,t load our cases cos they said they where too heavy, health and safety reasons, so we had to buy some boxes off them and spread the weight of our stuff.......and of course getting on coaches was nightmare.

So if you do decide to take a bit off stuff, just make sure your onward forms of transport are happy with handling it.....
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=woofwoof;5849595]
Originally Posted by sans

I had to take it on board to cut all the turf that I packed to lay on our balcony We did like to have reminders of home .

FAO coffeepot....cunard are not joking, you can take as much as you like...the only way you might have a problem, as we found out, is when you disembark.
The first time we went my wife packed enough clothes to last her probably 6 months. Didn't think anything of it until we found we couldn't fit the luggage in a taxi....when we came to get on a train the people at the luggage check in wouldn,t load our cases cos they said they where too heavy, health and safety reasons, so we had to buy some boxes off them and spread the weight of our stuff.......and of course getting on coaches was nightmare.

So if you do decide to take a bit off stuff, just make sure your onward forms of transport are happy with handling it.....
Cheers Woofwoof, apart from essentials ( thats everything then ) we are sending everything by container, think we will have enough with the dogs,
thought they didn't like our mud so how did you get the grass through
Apparently after everyone has disembarked from the ship they let all the dogs go down the gang plank, its supposed to be very funny and manick, if my dogs in season it should prove interesting, better put her on the pill I must film that
Old Jan 29th 2008, 2:04 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Coffeepot;5849943]
Cheers Woofwoof, apart from essentials ( thats everything then ) we are sending everything by container, think we will have enough with the dogs,
thought they didn't like our mud so how did you get the grass through
Apparently after everyone has disembarked from the ship they let all the dogs go down the gang plank, its supposed to be very funny and manick, if my dogs in season it should prove interesting, better put her on the pill I must film that
You know them round baldy things , you stick on your window and they grow green hair, well i promised woofwoof i wouldn't say BUT!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=sans;5851735]

You know them round baldy things , you stick on your window and they grow green hair, well i promised woofwoof i wouldn't say BUT!!!