Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

uk 24th out of 26th

uk 24th out of 26th

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 1:55 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: uk 24th out of 26th

[QUOTE=Settlers_Unlimited;7505585]
I must admit that I've never been to UK but I traveled a lot in Western and Eastern Europe, living in "both", plus now in Canada.

QUOTE]

commenting on the social structure, education, poverty level, housing, politics etc when you have 'travelled' and never lived there is a bit rich, let alone when you have never actually been there at all!!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:09 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe how well those Dutch kids on the video clip speak English
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Settlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really nice

Originally Posted by rae
Originally Posted by Settlers_Unlimited
I must admit that I've never been to UK but I traveled a lot in Western and Eastern Europe, living in "both", plus now in Canada.
commenting on the social structure, education, poverty level, housing, politics etc when you have 'travelled' and never lived there is a bit rich, let alone when you have never actually been there at all!!!!
We moved twice, not traveled twice. But even traveling, it doesn't take much effort to compare the size of potholes on highways, or food prices, or to see how buildings are maintained etc. Once again, speaking of UK, I've seen it only on TV, but I doubt it's much worse than on the continent. And I have some general idea about the salaries in different countries.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:28 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

We moved twice, not traveled twice. But even traveling, it doesn't take much effort to compare the size of potholes on highways, or food prices, or to see how buildings are maintained etc. Once again, speaking of UK, I've seen it only on TV, but I doubt it's much worse than on the continent. And I have some general idea about the salaries in different countries.
good grief are you serious, have you actually looked at this article, of course not or you would not have posted as above. it has nothing to do with pot holes, and everything to do with the POPULATION of a country, and how it is failing its children in many different areas. nowhere does it pertain to people passing through the land commenting on how expensive the potatoes are. i'm really not sure what your point is.

i've seen lots of stuff on TV, tell me is that star trek ship ever coming home with darth vader on it.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:30 am
rae
Settled.

actually don't worry, i'm tired and have only just cottoned on that you must be baiting me.