Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

TWP and company merger

Wikiposts

TWP and company merger

Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about
Default TWP and company merger

Hey guys,

I am looking for some help. My company is merging with another company and creating a 3rd company for which all employees of previous companies will work for. My TWP has a specific company name on it given that this new company is simply a merger of that old company and one other company

Do I need to get a new TWP for the new merged company?

Thanks for all the help guys!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TWP and company merger

Originally Posted by Loki117
Hey guys,

I am looking for some help. My company is merging with another company and creating a 3rd company for which all employees of previous companies will work for. My TWP has a specific company name on it given that this new company is simply a merger of that old company and one other company

Do I need to get a new TWP for the new merged company?

Thanks for all the help guys!
This happened me last year but the company I worked for ended up keeping their existing name, just had a bit added on to say they were a subsidery of the bigger company. Will your company name be changing? If so I think you may need to get to get an updated TWP to reflect the companies name. Here is a link to my old thread with the same question .

Hope this helps,
Sinead

Last edited by sinurt; Apr 9th 2010 at 12:11 pm. Reason: missed a bit
Old Apr 9th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about

Hey Sinead thank you very much for your reply.

The new company is keeping or using the name of my exisiting company so like you say this may mean it is ok as the visa does not have a company number on it just a name.

Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:52 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sinead thank you very much for your reply.

The new company is keeping or using the name of my exisiting company so like you say this may mean it is ok as the visa does not have a company number on it just a name.

If it is a new company, i.e. a different legal entity with a new business number and corporate registration, then it may be considered a different company. You are going to have to get the comany to check with CIC. If it is not a company (incorporated) but a sole proprietorship then you would be working for the same person, regardless of the name of the business.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

hey thanks The Aviator do you think I could contact CIC to ask them or would it have to be my company. I know the company is becoming a new legal entity which is a merger of the two old companies just under a new name.

The only real reason this is an issue is because my twp is coming up for renewal and I don't want to renew it only to have to renew it again in a few weeks.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:28 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

hey thanks The Aviator do you think I could contact CIC to ask them or would it have to be my company. I know the company is becoming a new legal entity which is a merger of the two old companies just under a new name.

The only real reason this is an issue is because my twp is coming up for renewal and I don't want to renew it only to have to renew it again in a few weeks.
CIC are perhaps the only ones who can answer your question with any authority.