Trying to leave retail...

Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

Prospector is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trying to leave retail...

Actually 4 birds...

1. Upgrade Skills - as you mentioned
2. Job/money - as you recognize
3. Canadian credentials (With Mohawk training on your CV)
4. Canadian Experience (In student position)

Now for full disclosure... I am a Mohawk Grad, and worked in an admin/fundraising position in the Alumni Office while studying. IF you can get a position in the Alumni Dept. You will be required to contact graduates of the school for a variety of reasons (evnts, fundraisers, get-togethers, etc.) and will have in front of you a listing of every grad from the school and information on their careers/positions.

Since it is your job to be friendly with these folks, it only makes sense that you share your story and excitement at job hunting once you graduate. I'll leave the rest to you.

Many other positions are available within the college that involve reaching out to the business community.
Old Dec 7th 2012, 2:36 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple of jobs at Mohawk that might be of use to you

http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/Explore/...tant-Lead.html

http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/Explore/...ion__MSA_.html
Old Dec 8th 2012, 11:48 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

One of my customers offered to put my name forward to her old company if I ever decided to move on. I'll be speaking to her seriously in the new year