Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Trucking in Canada

Trucking in Canada

Old Sep 3rd 2017, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Mule deer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trucking in Canada

Have the rules been relaxed with regards to obtaining LMIA for drivers or is that only in certain provinces of Canada ,
Old Sep 5th 2017, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Trucking in Canada

Ive read somewhere that a similar programme has been setup in the maratimes to bring drivers into Canada ,
Old Sep 5th 2017, 12:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mule deer
Ive read somewhere that a similar programme has been setup in the maratimes to bring drivers into Canada ,
Have you got a link? I've not heard anything about it being made easier or any new program.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

No but I'am referring about the Maratimes compared to Alberta
Old Sep 6th 2017, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

I have not heard about anything specific regarding these parts. As far as I know it is still with an LMIA. You are more likely to get one in in the Maritime provinces as there is a shortage of drivers vs Alberta at the mo due to the oil patch being slow.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Location: From Skelmersdale a small town on the outer skirts of Liverpool, Currently Living in Limassol Cyprus
Lewis66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mule deer
Mr Brazalot of B.M.G spoke to me about this a few month back at a canada Expo in Bristol.

As soon as I mentioned I had all HGV licences he started mentioning thisprocess to move to the Maritime provinces.
He did also mention it was something "He, Himself" had set up in the Maritimes and that he could have me out there within a year if i wanted to take that route.

Im Not at all saying use B.M.G but this was a selling tool he was using at the expo.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Muledeer,
There are very few LMIA's for trucking Canada wide now, but more down to the company's not applying for them.
Trucking in the Maritimes is not good, moneywise, they all pay on a $c/mile basis and a very large majority only deal with the east coast giving very low miles.
MB have a scheme now whereas truckers can come in under the MPNP and do not need an LMIA.
There are 4 or 5 trucking company's from MB, through the MPNP, coming to the Canadian Embassy in London between the 6-10 Nov for a seminar and interviews.
One of them is Agritel from Beausejour, NE of Winnipeg.
If you are interested google them and contact them by email to <snip> to find out the details.
I don't know anything about them apart from they run reefers and dry vans to California and back, and am not recommending them, just know they are recruiting in the UK.
Jobwise, MB would be a far better option than the Maritimes.

PS. Agritel also cover all the immigration side of the move and have in-house training for the driving test which would save you $$$$ over trying to do it through an Imm company.
And forget that shower Lewis66 mentioned, google reviews on them.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 11th 2017 at 6:11 am. Reason: Email address removed
Old Sep 8th 2017, 1:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis66
Mr Brazalot of B.M.G spoke to me about this a few month back at a canada Expo in Bristol.

As soon as I mentioned I had all HGV licences he started mentioning thisprocess to move to the Maritime provinces.
He did also mention it was something "He, Himself" had set up in the Maritimes and that he could have me out there within a year if i wanted to take that route.

Im Not at all saying use B.M.G but this was a selling tool he was using at the expo
I'm very glad to hear that, judging from many other comments of these forums about him.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis66

Im Not at all saying use B.M.G but this was a selling tool he was using at the expo.
HGV licences aren't valid here so maybe he saw you as just another cash cow , not meant as an insult , it's the way those parasites work . Can guarantee he has set up absolutely sfa in the Maritimes .
As Neil has said there are a few companies coming to London shortly , deal direct without third party involvement and never cough up cash in advance , despite promises of streets paved with gold .
Old Sep 11th 2017, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Location: From Skelmersdale a small town on the outer skirts of Liverpool, Currently Living in Limassol Cyprus
Lewis66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I'm very glad to hear that, judging from many other comments of these forums about him.
Yeah, they tried all the talk with me, but truthfully i was just at them fishing for any info i didnt already know about.

i had also done my homework on the company using both this site and google!

Its just a shame thet at these 'Canada Live' Expo's around the UK it only seems to be his company there for Canada relocation as the rest are all for Australia.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps his company is the only one willing to pay whatever the cost is to be at such "Expos".

Or maybe his company owns or has a large share in the company that organises the "Canada Live Expos", and thus has vetoed any other company.

Colour me a cynic
Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neilg14
Hi Muledeer,
There are very few LMIA's for trucking Canada wide now, but more down to the company's not applying for them.
Trucking in the Maritimes is not good, moneywise, they all pay on a $c/mile basis and a very large majority only deal with the east coast giving very low miles.
MB have a scheme now whereas truckers can come in under the MPNP and do not need an LMIA.
There are 4 or 5 trucking company's from MB, through the MPNP, coming to the Canadian Embassy in London between the 6-10 Nov for a seminar and interviews.
One of them is Agritel from Beausejour, NE of Winnipeg.
If you are interested google them and contact them by email to <snip> to find out the details.
I don't know anything about them apart from they run reefers and dry vans to California and back, and am not recommending them, just know they are recruiting in the UK.
Jobwise, MB would be a far better option than the Maritimes.

PS. Agritel also cover all the immigration side of the move and have in-house training for the driving test which would save you $$$$ over trying to do it through an Imm company.
And forget that shower Lewis66 mentioned, google reviews on them.
Old Oct 8th 2017, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all the replies I'm just weighing up options as brexit Approaches about the work situation in the uk
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I think maybe the guy from Brazalot was talking about the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program or AIPP but I dont think this is for truck drivers more for skilled workers?
Old Oct 11th 2017, 1:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
I think maybe the guy from Brazalot was talking about the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program or AIPP but I dont think this is for truck drivers more for skilled workers?
AIPP includes NOC 'C" professions, which includes truck drivers.
Workers apply as either high-skilled workers or intermediate-skilled workers.

High-skilled workers must have work experience at NOC skill type/level 0, A, or B.
Intermediate-skilled workers must have work experience at NOC skill level C.
Skill Level C: intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training, such as:

industrial butchers
long-haul truck drivers
food and beverage servers
Find your NOC
Who can apply - Atlantic Immigration Pilot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.