Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

TRUCK DRIVER SALARY

Wikiposts

TRUCK DRIVER SALARY

Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRUCK DRIVER SALARY

THe IELTS test is to show that you can read,write ,understand English or French.
You dont need it if you have proof of post education in English /French.
If you do not want to become a Resident and just want to run your TWP out then you dont need it,,,BUT if you want to apply for PR you need to sit the test.
Even people born and bred in the UK and were only tought in English need to do the tests.
What i have written is a simplified way of expaining IELTS>
jimmy
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:52 am
Just Joined

suzi1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

.this means a world to me .i see what people write on forums and i was scared .the plan is that MH went and me and a daughter to come after few months. if the pay is 50k, is this before or after the tax ?how high is the tax in Calgary?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Listen , $50000 Canadian isn't worth getting excited over as it obviously equates to less than a grand a week ,deduct tax etc and you'll be lucky to live on whats left over , sorry .
Old Apr 13th 2013, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Debra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant futureDebra186 has a brilliant future

It might be exciting enough to someone who presently earns around €800 per month.......

Housing costs need looking at - I just read something about them being high in Calgary and that half of the homeless people there are in employment.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this site for tax. http://www.ees-financial.com/calcula...Calculator.htm
It is fairly accurate for basic deductions.

Have a look on kijiji.ca for rentals in he area you are planning to move to to see what your costs would be for your family for accommodation.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

anji23 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you decide to come over to Canada let your hb come first & give it six months, my hb came over in September & we followed in Nov as we had to verify our visa's by 1st of Jan, now looking at going back to Uk, 50,000 seems alot but over here it's not, and also take into account I see my hb for 36 hours a week if I am lucky, 2 weeks holiday a year, we were better off in the UK, sorry but take if from my experience lorry driving over here is not for family men.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anji23
If you decide to come over to Canada let your hb come first & give it six months, my hb came over in September & we followed in Nov as we had to verify our visa's by 1st of Jan, now looking at going back to Uk, 50,000 seems alot but over here it's not, and also take into account I see my hb for 36 hours a week if I am lucky, 2 weeks holiday a year, we were better off in the UK, sorry but take if from my experience lorry driving over here is not for family men.
What type of work did your partner do before you moved over? i.e. what ype of truck driving
Old Apr 15th 2013, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

$50k a yr is very doable in rural manitoba ,,and i would say in SK away from the patch.Alberta no chance ,BC most areas nope.east coast no idea!.
how do i know that ? .......answer is thats about ish what i earn ....OH has part time job as well.
also i would say is pick your job well look into it.,you dont have to have a job thats wks away or 36hrs at home then go.
But you will imo have to find a job th\ats at least 4nights out.,dont just look at the big meat in the seat companies there are smalll companies out here with LMOs ie ....think grain!!!,LTL companies.
jimmy
Old Apr 15th 2013, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spacemonkey
What type of work did your partner do before you moved over? i.e. what ype of truck driving
my hb was a truck driver in the UK, he worked mon-fri home every night, wage was less but so were over heads, 50,000 in Alberta goes nowhere, everything is more expensive here.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

spacemonkey will become famous soon enough

With hindsight it might have been a better option for him to do long distance from the UK first?

It's a different kettle of fish doing OTR and Long Distance to being home every night.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spacemonkey
With hindsight it might have been a better option for him to do long distance from the UK first?

It's a different kettle of fish doing OTR and Long Distance to being home every night.
been away isn't the problem I am used to that he was in the army for 22years, so he was away alot 7 months in Iraq delivering fuel dodging ied's, easier than winter driving here.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

I made 54000 last year, thats not bad for a truck driver in Nova Scotia. I work for Canadian Blood Services. I know some fuel companies pay around $30 an hour out west.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allycat231
I made 54000 last year, thats not bad for a truck driver in Nova Scotia. I work for Canadian Blood Services. I know some fuel companies pay around $30 an hour out west.
Tnx ,a great advert for Western Canada . Did just shy of double that figure working 4 on 4 off , and know a few guys who would scoff at my wages
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

suzi1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to ask you something.mh have a kid from first mariage witch stays back home and me and our kid will go with him to canada.he have to pay child support to the first kid.is this a tax deduction?does the familly guy have a tax deduction ?sorry for my english,I hope you understand me!thx
Old Apr 17th 2013, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

allycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond reputeallycat231 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Tnx ,a great advert for Western Canada . Did just shy of double that figure working 4 on 4 off , and know a few guys who would scoff at my wages
Are you working in fort McMurray? I'm planning on moving to Alberta, but giving up the trucking and applying to Alberta commercial vehicle enforcement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.