Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Truck companies

Truck companies

Old Apr 15th 2006, 7:55 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck companies

Originally Posted by Grah
There is a huge cry meet some a couple of weeks ago that transx hired him from scotland.

so try http://www.transx.ca/txemploycdn.html

more details on the site but here's some

Compensation (in Cdn Funds)
$1.02 per mile for all miles operated; loaded, empty, or bobtailing as long as tractor is being operated under TransX dispatch
$0.035 per mile fuel rebate
$0.05 per mile for pulling tri-axle in Canada
$30.00 per live pick up or live delivery of freight per driver
$30.00 per U.S.D.A. Meat Inspection
$30.00 per hour for hourly work requested by TransX
All mileage calculation made according to Version II for Unix of PC Miler (Practical Distance Program)

They have special bonus where you need to maintain 10,500 single driver miles per month. So
Hi Grah,
those amounts are actually for owner/operators, but there are also company driver rates (34c per mile) on the same site, so still a great help.
I'm obviously not expecting to get top rates as soon as I get over there, but 30c per mile does seem pretty low if there's nothing else to add on (bonus or incentive schemes). Just that 4c a means an extra $100 a week if I'm doing 2500 miles.
Anyway, thanks Grah......any more sites like that greatly appreciated
Koog
Old Apr 15th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all

Regarding the Weigh Stations.

They are mainly closed more then open in NB.

If open - as you approach, flashing amber lights at the warning sign, inform you that it is - you are required to pull in and up, for inspection.

There is very much a relaxed atmosphere between officials and familiar drivers - unlike the UK.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by koogar
Anyone had any experience of prudhomme in regina?
I see they're looking for drivers and was wondering if anyone knew if they were good to work for.
Any other companies you may recomend I try?
Ta very much,
Koog, UK
Hi

If you go to www.escapemate.co.uk and sign up for the muchmore magazine there is an article this month on trucking in Saskatchewan. Maybe of some help.
Old Apr 15th 2006, 11:39 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
Regarding the Weigh Stations.

They are mainly closed more then open in NB.

If open - as you approach, flashing amber lights at the warning sign, inform you that it is - you are required to pull in and up, for inspection.

There is very much a relaxed atmosphere between officials and familiar drivers - unlike the UK.
cheers steve.
I'll bear that in mind
Old Apr 15th 2006, 11:40 am
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by debiharper
Hi

If you go to www.escapemate.co.uk and sign up for the muchmore magazine there is an article this month on trucking in Saskatchewan. Maybe of some help.
brilliant.
thanks debi.....I'll go look at it right now