Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Tree on my dashboard

Tree on my dashboard

Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

doubledouble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tree on my dashboard

In the UK I would always have a small Christmas tree on the dashboard of my car , it had a little chain of flashing Santa's as well ( LEDS for power conservation)
I have not noticed any on the road here. Are they legal here? I have just pulled mine out and would like use them .
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:35 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tree on my dashboard

Originally Posted by doubledouble
In the UK I would always have a small Christmas tree on the dashboard of my car , it had a little chain of flashing Santa's as well ( LEDS for power conservation)
I have not noticed any on the road here. Are they legal here? I have just pulled mine out and would like use them .
That's a tricky question. Anything in your line of vision either on your dash or hanging from the rear-view mirror could be considered distracting enough to be illegal by an over enthusiastic police officer.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:57 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
That's a tricky question. Anything in your line of vision either on your dash or hanging from the rear-view mirror could be considered distracting enough to be illegal by an over enthusiastic police officer.
Distracting?

Stuff like that is an affront to public decency and is thus a felony punishable by death. Probably.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Distracting?

Stuff like that is an affront to public decency and is thus a felony punishable by death. Probably.
I think perhaps the death penalty might be a tad OTT and you're not even in Alberta.

Remember we did abolish the death penalty here in Canada.

Life in prison without possibilty of parole might fit the bill though.

Last edited by Steve_P; Dec 14th 2006 at 8:06 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:40 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Let me second Souvenir's opinion. Instant death and subsequent repatriation for the first offence. Seventh circle of hell for repeaters. I mean, it's only fair.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Let me second Souvenir's opinion. Instant death and subsequent repatriation for the first offence. Seventh circle of hell for repeaters. I mean, it's only fair.

siounds aboutre ight tome :
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I forgot to mention: because of the different voltages here, if you use a UK sourced flashing Santa in your car, it will cause a severe disruption to your alternator and result in a terribly bad accident, possibly resulting in loss of life (preferably yours).
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I forgot to mention: because of the different voltages here, if you use a UK sourced flashing Santa in your car, it will cause a severe disruption to your alternator and result in a terribly bad accident, possibly resulting in loss of life (preferably yours).
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:58 am
Born again atheist

Only four smilies? Got do better.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Only four smilies? Got do better.
Gawd, there's no pleasing some peeps....

Old Dec 15th 2006, 3:10 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Calgal
Gawd, there's no pleasing some peeps....

Calgirl, you know I'm deeply in love with you. Don't treat me like this.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:14 am

Calgirl, you know I'm deeply in love with you. Don't treat me like this.
You can't have her, she's mine.

Last edited by Steve_P; Dec 15th 2006 at 4:22 am.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:42 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Off to Gitmo for you, my friend. It's only fair.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

doubledouble is an unknown quantity at this point

Yet another hijacked thread. It has moved away from the original question!

So in light of this..

I went to the local nick and asked them, they took it seriously as they should, and pointed out that so long as the Santa's could not be confused with there red flashing beacons, it should be ok.
I did offer to change the Santa's for the combination pack which has elves, reindeer, and presents, as well as the odd Santa. this has far less red than the all Santa light pack.
I then asked was this a confirmed regulation or did it depend on the individual officers opinion or interpretation of the law.
The officer took my name and address and said someone would get back to me.
I am concerned about this situation as I will be spending time in Toronto next week and do not want a ticket?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:28 pm
Born again atheist

Yet another hijacked thread. It has moved away from the original question!

So in light of this..

I went to the local nick and asked them, they took it seriously as they should, and pointed out that so long as the Santa's could not be confused with there red flashing beacons, it should be ok.
I did offer to change the Santa's for the combination pack which has elves, reindeer, and presents, as well as the odd Santa. this has far less red than the all Santa light pack.
I then asked was this a confirmed regulation or did it depend on the individual officers opinion or interpretation of the law.
The officer took my name and address and said someone would get back to me.
I am concerned about this situation as I will be spending time in Toronto next week and do not want a ticket?

This is a troll, right? Very funny, you had me fooled for a moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.