Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Travelling the day one becomes a citizen

Travelling the day one becomes a citizen

Old Dec 19th 2011, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling the day one becomes a citizen

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Quite. It was an impulse purchase in Marks and Sparks. 1lb of Stilton half price at 8 quid. The same amount would cost me $80 in Nfld!

I must admit I'd never considered brining back cheese before - automatically assuming it would be verboten. But I read a post/thread somewhere this year that indicated otherwise. It'll be something I'll be doing again.

I'm not sure where our CBSA friend works as he sensibly doesn't share that with us. () but I find the CBSA staff at St John's & Halifax, friendly & helpful. Some at Pearson clearly have decided to model their attitude from their colleagues at the US CBP though!
Thank you
For the cheese lovers reading this thread here are your dairy allowances
Cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella) $20 total dairy
So in other words if you have more than $20 in dairy products the BSO may want to see an import permit. Its a CFIA/DFAIT rule not CBSA we just follow orders

As for sharing my location mmm I think the idea of a group of expats from this board knowing my location and pissed up on a Friday night and deciding to pay me a visit is a good enough reason not to reveal it
As for the Pearson attitude I thought that was more of the usual GTA superiority complex in general rather than a CBP one

Remember Blessed are the Cheesemakers