spvn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel with Pet in Cargo and Transit from Toronto to Ottawa

Hello,

I am flying to Canada from Bangkok. Flying through British Airport
from Bangkok to London then transit from Toronto Airport to Ottawa
Airport.

However, My cat will be flying in Cargo following the same route with me.Is it
possible to get hold of my cat and get custom clearance done from the
Cargo Terminal at Toronto Airport then get him on the connecting flight as excess baggage to Ottawa.

Can i get my cat on Ottawa flight as excess baggage after getting him
from Cargo Terminal.

Would appreciate your support in this matter.
Old May 31st 2012, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel with Pet in Cargo and Transit from Toronto to Ottawa

Originally Posted by spvn
Hello,

I am flying to Canada from Bangkok. Flying through British Airport
from Bangkok to London then transit from Toronto Airport to Ottawa
Airport.

However, My cat will be flying in Cargo following the same route with me.Is it
possible to get hold of my cat and get custom clearance done from the
Cargo Terminal at Toronto Airport then get him on the connecting flight as excess baggage to Ottawa.

Can i get my cat on Ottawa flight as excess baggage after getting him
from Cargo Terminal.

Would appreciate your support in this matter.
Cat will have to be cleared in Toronto. How long between connecting flights?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Hello,

Me and my cat will reach Toronto airport at 1510 then I have to wait for connecting flight till 1910 and it will be 1 hour flight.

One more thing. Do i have to get custom clearance done at the Toronto airport of all my baggage and other stuff too as it is my entry point to Canada. what formalities I need to go through at Ottawa airport.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spvn
Hello,

Me and my cat will reach Toronto airport at 1510 then I have to wait for connecting flight till 1910 and it will be 1 hour flight.

One more thing. Do i have to get custom clearance done at the Toronto airport of all my baggage and other stuff too as it is my entry point to Canada. what formalities I need to go through at Ottawa airport.
Yes all bags will have to be cleared in TO through Customs. On arrival ask CBSA about your cat and where do you lar it as all airports are not the same for clearing animals. Once cleared you check in domestically through security no mor Customs. Make sure you have all the paperwork for the cat.
Are you visiting or coming back to live permanently and are you a Canadian citizen?
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:15 am
Just Joined

i am new comer and I will be permanently moving to Ottawa
Old Jun 1st 2012, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If not already done then have a look over this re list of goods etc

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...d2-2-1-eng.pdf