Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Transporting Pets

Transporting Pets

Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

X9DJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Transporting Pets

Hi to everyone. Ive looked at this forum many times over the past year and found lots of useful info but this is my first posting. After many months of waiting I have finally recieved confirmation that I can travel to Canada on a work permit. My family are coming with me and that also includes my 3 dogs. I was wondering if anyone out there could possibly tell me who would be the cheapest company to use to transport my dogs. I have had a quote from Ladyhaye and it works out at about £1000.00 per dog from London to Calgary but we then need to get to Saskatchewan. Any info would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting Pets

Welcome to posting

I am using Airpets and for 3 dogs it is costing us just under £3000 and they are boarding them for 2 days and getting vet fit for travel certificate sorted. Also they have been quick to answer emails that I have sent with any questions
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Silverdragon I'll give them a try.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

chigirl will become famous soon enoughchigirl will become famous soon enough

hi

i used airpets to transport my west highland terrier to kelowna. they were very helpful and prompt at answering queries etc... i would use them again with no hesitation. we paid 825 pounds but this was 2 1/2 yrs ago.

hope this helps
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

shasa is an unknown quantity at this point

Who you flying with, we're going Air Transit in June, arranged direct with them in London (cargo dept) cost £726 for 2 very large golden retreivers, we have provide crates (cost for vari kennel £132 each) both dogs have passports already, all we then need is health check prior to departure, minimal cost from our own vet. Lots, lots cheaper than anything we were quoted from agents, - thousands of pounds.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by X9DJJ
Hi to everyone. Ive looked at this forum many times over the past year and found lots of useful info but this is my first posting. After many months of waiting I have finally recieved confirmation that I can travel to Canada on a work permit. My family are coming with me and that also includes my 3 dogs. I was wondering if anyone out there could possibly tell me who would be the cheapest company to use to transport my dogs. I have had a quote from Ladyhaye and it works out at about £1000.00 per dog from London to Calgary but we then need to get to Saskatchewan. Any info would be much appreciated.
Hello and welcome to BE and another family to beautiful Saskatchewan - the word has finally got out about here I see
We flew our two dogs with us ten weeks ago from Manchester to Calgary and Calgary to Regina.

For the first leg of the journey we used jets4pets - contact [email protected] and then we used another excellent company boomerang in Calgary - contact - Karen Shiel [email protected] both these companies linked up with each other to make the transition as smooth as possible for the dogs and us. Altogether it cost us about 2000 GBP and that included both companies providing the travel crates and two nights accommodation at a kennel in Calgary and flying on to Regina.

Mention my name to both ladies as they will remember me I'm sure!

Where are you coming to live in SK?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

oldnotwise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, were flying from Manchester to Calgary on the 12th April via Zoom as we got told by Air Transat that they no longer fly to Canada from the UK, go figure.
Weve got to two 24kg springer spaniels and its costing us £1045 to via Zoom Cargo who turned out to be Thompson Cargo. This again is nearly half the price of what the pet shipping companies were quoting me and so far they have been great to deal with. I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, so we'll see what I think about them after the 12th.

Anyway good luck with your future plans and I hope this helps

Mike
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really niceDreamer is just really nice

Originally Posted by oldnotwise
Hi all, were flying from Manchester to Calgary on the 12th April via Zoom as we got told by Air Transat that they no longer fly to Canada from the UK, go figure.
Weve got to two 24kg springer spaniels and its costing us £1045 to via Zoom Cargo who turned out to be Thompson Cargo. This again is nearly half the price of what the pet shipping companies were quoting me and so far they have been great to deal with. I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, so we'll see what I think about them after the 12th.

Anyway good luck with your future plans and I hope this helps

Mike

Is that cost for both dogs or each? If it's both then that's a really good deal! We have a little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so Id guess it would cost much less for our wee boy
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

shasa is an unknown quantity at this point

Confusion with Air transit, appears to be arising form their change in rules, they will no longer accept pets as excess baggage in hold, but will absolutely allow you to book them on as cargo (contact - Mark at 01784 431 831) our 2 large dogs cost £726 for both, a huge saving on what any agent could offer.

Have to book early, as only allowed 5 animals per flight.

Also they provide all customs paperwork and advice re delivery of animal and pickup other end etc, 1 month before departure.

hope this helps
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to everyone for yur replies they've been very useful.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Hello and welcome to BE and another family to beautiful Saskatchewan - the word has finally got out about here I see
We flew our two dogs with us ten weeks ago from Manchester to Calgary and Calgary to Regina.

For the first leg of the journey we used jets4pets - contact [email protected] and then we used another excellent company boomerang in Calgary - contact - Karen Shiel [email protected] both these companies linked up with each other to make the transition as smooth as possible for the dogs and us. Altogether it cost us about 2000 GBP and that included both companies providing the travel crates and two nights accommodation at a kennel in Calgary and flying on to Regina.

Mention my name to both ladies as they will remember me I'm sure!

Where are you coming to live in SK?
We are looking to move to Pike Lake in Saskatoon as we have friends there and that's the area I shall be working in. Are you near there?
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

oldnotwise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dreamer
Is that cost for both dogs or each? If it's both then that's a really good deal! We have a little Cavalier King Charles Spaniel so Id guess it would cost much less for our wee boy
Yes thats for both dogs each in large varikennel and it's still costing more for them than it us for us in premium class. To be honest the cash is was less of an issue than just making sure that the dogs are on the same flight as us.

Mike
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by X9DJJ
We are looking to move to Pike Lake in Saskatoon as we have friends there and that's the area I shall be working in. Are you near there?
No Indian Head is about 3 hours drive from Saskatoon
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:59 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

All this about air transat is doing my head in.
Ive called them on so many numbers and all have said "no dont fly pets".
Thanks for Marks number will contact him .
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:01 am
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice

Originally Posted by shasa
Confusion with Air transit, appears to be arising form their change in rules, they will no longer accept pets as excess baggage in hold, but will absolutely allow you to book them on as cargo (contact - Mark at 01784 431 831) our 2 large dogs cost £726 for both, a huge saving on what any agent could offer.

Have to book early, as only allowed 5 animals per flight.

Also they provide all customs paperwork and advice re delivery of animal and pickup other end etc, 1 month before departure.

hope this helps
When do you fly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.