Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Transferring Incorporated business to another province

Transferring Incorporated business to another province

Old Mar 28th 2011, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Transferring Incorporated business to another province

To those Incorporated contractors out there, as an Alberta Incorporated contractor, what is the score when we move to another province?

Do I have to close the business and start again in the new province or can I transfer it?

Seems l like a lot of hassle to have to close it and then start all over again in another province.

Any insight would be appreciated!
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Transferring Incorporated business to another province

not a contractor..but pretty sure you can transfer it. Ask a lawyer for details..as you don't want to tackle that yourself. We did it with an incorporated farm..lotsa paperwork, shared between accountant and lawyer.. as each province has their own compagnie office and such, easier to ask the expert. did I mention..wasn't for free either..
Old Mar 28th 2011, 2:20 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Transferring Incorporated business to another province

I take it you have only set up a provincial corporation? Not a federal corporation. Hence if this is true, you will need to fill out the extra-provincial registration form for the province where you want to do business.

I've been looking into the different between federal and provincial corporation registration just lately.

You have 30 days (under Part 21 of the Business Corporations Act) to fill the forms after you start business in the new province.....start business means all things like advertising, listing your services etc not when u actually start doing the work etc.

Last edited by JB0591; Mar 28th 2011 at 2:25 am.