Trailer tents

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice
Default Trailer tents

Does anyone have any experience of camping with a trailer tent in Canada? We would like to do a little bit of travelling around the lakes and thought that might be a good and not too expensive way to do it.

Thanks,

Chris
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 4:14 pm
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Trailer tents

Hmmmm.....we are looking into this ourselves, and came across the site below

www.gorving.ca
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Originally Posted by pollard
Hmmmm.....we are looking into this ourselves, and came across the site below

www.gorving.ca
Thanks for the link to the site - looks very tempting!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom Masters
My parents-in-common-law have a trailer. And a new GMC 3500 4x4 diesel crew cab to pull it. I reckon that, for the cost of the truck, you could stay in hotels a month a year for the rest of your life and you wouldn't be a blight on the life of every driver not dragging a monstrosity around. What's wrong with camping ?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:35 pm
Banned

Worth some karma from you then? LOL

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 5:48 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any experience of camping with a trailer tent in Canada? We would like to do a little bit of travelling around the lakes and thought that might be a good and not too expensive way to do it.

Thanks,

Chris
In my experience the hassle of towing a tent trailer has never out-weighted the benefits (assuming you mean the trailers that fold out into a sort of big tent). You can have a similar and better set-up with stuff you can toss in the boot of your car - nice big multi-roomed tent, air mattresses, screened cooking area, cooking stove, good cooler, portapotty (loo) etc... I swear the only thing you're towing in a tent trailer is the 3 square foot hard, elavated flooring.

IMO (single woman, sometimes with a partner and no kids) the best set-up is a camperized van - I had one for years (cried heavily when I sold him ) and it was great. I could use it as a regular vehicle and when I went on road trips I could camp in beautiful campgrounds or, if necessary, just camp in a parking lot or on the side of the road without a lot of bother.

From the website pollard offered a link to, I'm referring to: http://www.gorving.ca/classb.asp (mine was older, rustier - had a lot of 'character') but if you're just renting, well that's up to your budget.

Just my opinion!

Have fun!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 6:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Chris

Is a trailer tent otherwise known in these parts as pop-up campers? If so, they are widely used both in the US and in Canada. My sister-in-law has a great Coleman in outside of Montreal and we have our eye on a one formal bed starcraft.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies. Just trying to work out the pros and cons of it all right now. I loved camping as a kid but don't know how much I'll love it now! Ideally, I'd like an air conditioned, luxury cottage by the lake but that won't be happening for a wee while yet!!

Oh well, back to looking at tents etc...
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:26 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Just trying to work out the pros and cons of it all right now.
If you like the idea of an RV, I highly recommend that you rent one and try it out before buying one.
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:26 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I had a brief lok at the link and went to the affordableRV site, but it costs almost the same for a week's rent as the 3 bedroomed house we are looking to rent in Calgary! I think not!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

We have a trailer tent in the uk, I haven't seen any Canadian websites that have any like ours http://www.springfield-camping.co.uk/sunseeker maybe i'm not looking in the right places lol,

Possibly a silly question but, can you get trailer tents not the tent trailers on some sites in Nova Scotia?
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 9:55 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
My parents-in-common-law have a trailer. And a new GMC 3500 4x4 diesel crew cab to pull it. I reckon that, for the cost of the truck, you could stay in hotels a month a year for the rest of your life and you wouldn't be a blight on the life of every driver not dragging a monstrosity around. What's wrong with camping ?
dbd33, normally you press all the wrong buttons with me....except for this!!!
I'm with you 100%!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:06 pm
Banned

Finally you two have found that duality that you mention there in your signature. LOL

Originally Posted by Scouse
dbd33, normally you press all the wrong buttons with me....except for this!!!
I'm with you 100%!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:14 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by pollard
Finally you two have found that duality that you mention there in your signature. LOL
Wanna buy some hubcaps??
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:51 pm
Banned

You lost me there, what for?

Originally Posted by Scouse
Wanna buy some hubcaps??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.