Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Traffic Ticket

Traffic Ticket

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:15 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Traffic Ticket

Originally Posted by ExMetCop
Youre quite right there it is solely aimed at identifying the occupants. In fact an interesting point is that in South Africa window tints are totally illegal. Why you ask? As they lose on average 1 officer a day they found that violent black males would open fire on officers unsuspectingly approaching cars where they could not see in. I challenge you to stop a vehicle for which you have reasonable grounds to do so in the middle of no where with back up 30 minutes away. The feeling of not having the faintest idea what is inside that vehicle when approaching it is not a pleasant one to say the least.

Why does the government not prosecute the companies providing the tint? For the same reason they dont prosecute the companies that mail order cannabis seeds to you. Its not illegal to provide the product... it is illegal to use it.

Im not sure but I believe the maximum amount of tine allowed in Ontario is 25%. Excluding limos and specialty vehicles of course.
What's the relevance of the skin colour of the vehicle occupants?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:26 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
What's the relevance of the skin colour of the vehicle occupants?
Statistically/ factual correctness?

No point worrying about being able to see through the windows if you dont know what it is you should be looking for.

Relevance to Ontario? Wouldnt like to say...no racial profiling here, Oh no.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

ExMetCop is an unknown quantity at this point

If you step off your liberal high horse you will see that the black males were in reference to the killings of officers in south Africa where they banned tints all together. In Every police slayling there last year was a black suspect that's all I was refering to..... Sigh.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:53 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Statistically/ factual correctness?

No point worrying about being able to see through the windows if you dont know what it is you should be looking for.

Relevance to Ontario? Wouldnt like to say...no racial profiling here, Oh no.
If you step off your liberal high horse you will see that the black males were in reference to the killings of officers in south Africa where they banned tints all together. In Every police slayling there last year was a black suspect that's all I was refering to..... Sigh.
No liberal high horse here (not usually, anyway) - it was just that it jarred somewhat with the otherwise perfectly sensible content of ExMetCop's post. Wouldn't "...they found that violent offenders would open fire..." have served equally well? It may well be factually accurate that in every case in South Africa it was a black offender, but that is neither here nor there in the context of a ticket issued in Ontario, I wouldn't have thought. That was all.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Fair enough. I was just trying to give as many of my facts over as possible. Anyways were hijacking this young mans post about tints! I am still to look that up.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Well here it is as promised the section from the Ontario highway traffic act:- no person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle on which the surface pod the windshield or of any window to the direct left or eight of the drivers seat has been coated with any coloured spray or other coloured or reflective material that substantially obscures the interious of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:01 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Well here it is as promised the section from the Ontario highway traffic act:- no person shall drive on a highway a motor vehicle on which the surface pod the windshield or of any window to the direct left or eight of the drivers seat has been coated with any coloured spray or other coloured or reflective material that substantially obscures the interious of the motor vehicle when viewed from outside the motor vehicle.
Thats not at all a subjective standard then!

Didnt it used to specify a certain % of light transmission?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

I honestly thought it did and the reason I thought so is that dodge dealerships will only tint up to 25 percent stating any more is illegal. I gather that is simply what they feel comfortable with. This is a subjective ticket to issue. I personally will only issue it if I am not even able to tell the gender of the occupants.... Regardless of whether they're black or white lol. Roll the dice and take it to court. Its not unusual for the public to win.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Just another example of the Man always putting us down.
Tints are way sick.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:20 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Just another example of the Man always putting us down.
Tints are way sick.
Word.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:31 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Word.
i'm starting to think you and oink are the same person, or is this a badly kept secret and i have only just caught on.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
i'm starting to think you and oink are the same person, or is this a badly kept secret and i have only just caught on.
Stop hassling us man. You guys never know when enough is enough.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:42 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

I KNEW IT!!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:45 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we need a poll.

Which country has the biggest nutters for coppers? Australia or Canada

Last edited by Alan2005; Nov 23rd 2009 at 8:51 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 9:02 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I think we need a poll.

Which country has the biggest nutters for coppers? Australia or Canada
You know its really very clever how you do it, there is even a different intonation (i know you are typing not speaking before the grammar nazis goose step there way over) to your posts oink, alan, oinkalan, whoever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.