Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Towns in British Columbia to Live and Vacation rentals

Towns in British Columbia to Live and Vacation rentals

Old Jun 27th 2012, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

loss has a spectacular aura aboutloss has a spectacular aura aboutloss has a spectacular aura about
Default Towns in British Columbia to Live and Vacation rentals

My mum is at coming out to bc for 6 weeks in october/sep time
I'm just looking for some advice for areas
first 3-4 areas Vancouver area but outside of the city and Vancouver island for Vacations rentals, looking to spend 1-3weeks in each place.

Also want some areas to look at for living purposes, for possibly renting and buying, within 90mins of Vancouver possibly and within 1hour of the US border, or on Vancouver Island.
Schools as I have sister who's 9 years old, safe area budget would be around $250,000 - $300,000Cnd for house 3-4bedroom, Rental budget would be under $1300 a month,
(obviously no intention of buying yet but just to get an idea if she did decide 2 years down the line),

My mum hates Big cites but also hates places out in the sticks , She currently lives In ryde isle of wight, (so Portsmouth and Southampton when you need it).
and before that lived 40mins from London, Ottershaw, and loved it there.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 2:17 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Towns in British Columbia to Live and Vacation rentals

Mission.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 3:12 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loss
My mum is at coming out to bc for 6 weeks in october/sep time
I'm just looking for some advice for areas
first 3-4 areas Vancouver area but outside of the city and Vancouver island for Vacations rentals, looking to spend 1-3weeks in each place.

Also want some areas to look at for living purposes, for possibly renting and buying, within 90mins of Vancouver possibly and within 1hour of the US border, or on Vancouver Island.
Schools as I have sister who's 9 years old, safe area budget would be around $250,000 - $300,000Cnd for house 3-4bedroom, Rental budget would be under $1300 a month,
(obviously no intention of buying yet but just to get an idea if she did decide 2 years down the line),

My mum hates Big cites but also hates places out in the sticks , She currently lives In ryde isle of wight, (so Portsmouth and Southampton when you need it).
and before that lived 40mins from London, Ottershaw, and loved it there.
As Kiwilass says, buying and renting in Maple Ridge, Mission, or Abbortsford could be your best and only option for that budget. They're all 1hr to 1:30hrs out of Downtown (more in rush hour unless you use the West Coast Express), and a short drive to the border.

Unfortunately on that budget it will be on the lower end of the scale, and they're not the nicest of places at that price.

My sister has rented houses in Vancouver when coming to visit but they tend to stay either on the North Shore or Kitsilano. It's usually around $2.5k to $4k per week.

I'm sure you can get them for much less. For vacation advice, we'd need to know what environment you'd like to be in (lake, ocean, mountain, middle of nowhere, urban, suburban...). What activitives do you plan to do? What is your vacation budget? And so on.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

loss has a spectacular aura aboutloss has a spectacular aura aboutloss has a spectacular aura about

for the vacations rental is around £500 - £600 a week,
somewhere in reach of vancouver etc
somewhere on the island,
somewhere easy to explore
not in the middle of nowhere
planning do the general tourist things,
beach,
have a 9 year old,
Old Jun 27th 2012, 9:08 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loss
for the vacations rental is around £500 - £600 a week,
somewhere in reach of vancouver etc
somewhere on the island,
somewhere easy to explore
not in the middle of nowhere
planning do the general tourist things,
beach,
have a 9 year old,
http://www.vrbo.com/

Try that