Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

tourist visa for canada

tourist visa for canada

Old Aug 1st 2002, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

agrecbn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tourist visa for canada

I am German Diplomat in Canada and want to invite a russian citizen from Russia (Sibiria) for 4 weeks as soon as possible. I now found out the side www.webimmigration.com and I hope this will help, but some questions:

- can he make it by post?
- if not, does he has to make an appointment at the embassy befor travelling to Moscow?
- if yes how? (cant call through to the embassy)
- if no, does he just has to show and line up?
- have they a big line and can he get in to give the papers on one day?
- if there should be an interview necessary will it be on the same day?
. how much time will it take them to issue the visa?
- might it help me somehow that I am German Diplomat in Canada?
- do all the papers to proof things and also my invitation have to be somehow certified or is it fine if it s a simple copy?

Any information welcome!

Arvedt
Old Aug 2nd 2002, 7:21 am
pkjmet

Default Re: tourist visa for canada

agrecbn <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am German Diplomat in Canada and want to invite a russian citizen from Russia
    > (Sibiria) for 4 weeks as soon as possible. I now found out the side
    > www.webimmigration.com and I hope this will help, but some questions:
    >
    > - can he make it by post?
    > - if not, does he has to make an appointment at the embassy befor travelling to
    > Moscow?
    > - if yes how? (cant call through to the embassy)
    > - if no, does he just has to show and line up?
    > - have they a big line and can he get in to give the papers on one day?
    > - if there should be an interview necessary will it be on the same day? how much
    > time will it take them to issue the visa?
    > - might it help me somehow that I am German Diplomat in Canada?
    > - do all the papers to proof things and also my invitation have to be somehow
    > certified or is it fine if it s a simple copy?
    >
    > Any information welcome!
    >
    > Arvedt
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Check out CICs website at www.cic.gc.ca and look up the Cdn Embassy- Moscow website.
A letter of invutation from you may help. The procedures in MOscow are quite onerous
but if you contact me directly I will give you some additional info which may help.

Jim Metcalfe , Consultant and former consul, diplomat etc...

Old Aug 4th 2002, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

agrecbn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jim, how can I contact you? I didnt find your email adress.
Still looking for support in getting a visa for a russian to canada.

Thanks
A.
Old Aug 4th 2002, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

peter d'souza is an unknown quantity at this point

His email is not here as he did not directly post thru this site
To find his email, go to google groups type his user name (not real name) & perform search. U'll get it on the first line of any of his posts.
Anyway , wonder why he's reluctant to openly share the info.
Many other readers could benefit if he does so.
If I were in ur position I would not bother to send him any email.
Old Aug 5th 2002, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

peter d'souza is an unknown quantity at this point

this is from an earlier posting on this siteby Chris:hope it helps

Yes, it DOES exist! It is in fact an affidavit. In Toronto area, where I live, you
must go to any Ontario Provincial Court (you find them in White Pages, so far I used
Old City Hall and the one in Scarborough, 1921 Eglinton Ave. E). You ask for a
General Form for Affidavit. Usually you find this special form in the Justice of
Peace office. You take it and fill it out at home (type it up). Then, bring it back,
but do NOT sign it! You will have to see a Justice of Peace on duty at that time,
he/she will give you the Bible to swear that everything you wrote in the affidavit is
the truth and nothing but the truth. And you will sign it in front of the Judge. At
the end, the Justice of Peace will sign the form and also he/she will stamp it with
his/her own stamp. Obviously you will have to provide some ID, driving license is
just enough. In the affidavit you can say anything you want, that you want to invite
your parents or friends, etc., that you will provide for them lodging and food for a
period of xx months, maximum 12 months. If you have any assets, house, car, you can
write it down, also the value of your assets. Besides this affidavit, you must send
to the Canadian Embassy overseas a job letter, your employer must sign it of course.
In this letter, he will write down your position and salary within the company. Also,
you will send photocopies of your Canadian citizenship card or PR visa. And optional,
it's not a bad idea to get the latest bank statements, the Canadian Embassy will see
how much money you have in your account (s). All the above is required by the
Canadian Embassy in Bucharest, Romania, and I have no idea if other offices around
the world are asking for the same documents. I have invited my parents many times,
and they NEVER had any problem getting a visitor visa for 12 months. Even I am
Canadian citizen, I do not think that being just a PR in Canada will give you some
hard time inviting your friends or family members to come over. Hope this helps. If
you have further questions, feel free to send me a buzz. Chris from Toronto

"PatC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have previously heard from friends about an invitation letter that you can send
> to a friend/family member to help them obtain a visitor visa to Canada. I have not
> seen any info on this on Canada Immigration site or Quebec Immigration site.
>
> Does this invitation really exist ? If so, can you also specify on it that you will
> having them as guests in your home during their visit and can support them for
> meals, etc ?
>
> Thanks for any potential answers!
>
> Regards, PatC