Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto query!

Toronto query!

Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Toronto query!

I dont want to hijack this thread but at £45 per night I expected much more, the glossy internet page did give it away. Where is MLG?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose1
I dont want to hijack this thread but at £45 per night I expected much more, the glossy internet page did give it away. Where is MLG?
Maple Leaf Gardens. College/Carleton St. just east of Yonge.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:33 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Make Believe Gardens (AKA The Carlton Street Cash Register) is on the north side of Carlton St. just east of Yonge St.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes that was the one College & Carlton. Maple Leaf Gardens. At least I have made sure at one less person spends there money at that place. The only nice part of that place was the marketplace cafe at the other side of college subway, they did the most beautiful cornbread and sultana muffin.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:40 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that was the one College & Carlton. Maple Leaf Gardens. At least I have made sure at one less person spends there money at that place. The only nice part of that place was the marketplace cafe at the other side of college subway, they did the most beautiful cornbread and sultana muffin.
My kids, who went to school on that block, assure me that the basement diner under the convenience store, south side between Church and Jarvis, is the best bargain in greasy breakfasts in Toronto. I stand by the Tulip.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

ADAMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by London7
Guys.Thanks for the replies.very helpful. Any advice on hotels??? Have been loking and they all seem pretty pricey!!!!! i wanted to stay under $100 if possible
Try Hotwire.com, prices are in USD but I stayed in the Sheraton Centre (about as centrl as you can get - opposite City Hall & Eaton Centre) last month for $86 USD per night (in fact if I'd waited for 2 more days I could have got it for $66). No Breakfast in price but Tim Horton's next door should suffice.

Only problem with Hotwire is that they don't tell you the hotel until you book it (that's how they get the cheap prices). They do give you the area of town (DOwntown West, East, Waterfront, Airport, etc) and also the TripAdvisor star rating and no of reviews - you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out which hotel it is.

Have used them in many cities throughout N America and have not been dissapointed.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice

Also try www.redtag.ca . It has hotel deals for Toronto and other Canadian cities. I havent used it personally, but I have friends who have used it for a room downtown and they said you can get some good deals. Worth a look atleast.