Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto Pearson landing experience with COPR.

Wikiposts

Toronto Pearson landing experience with COPR.

Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto Pearson landing experience with COPR.

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
Hi All,

Yesterday I arrived at TO, so I'll give you a brief account of what occurred with Immigration etc.

We completed our declaration cards shortly after take off. Landed from Glasgow at 11 am TO time at Terminal 3. Collected baggage at proceeded to CBSA. On arriving at the desk, I produced my COPR. The CSBA Officer read my declaration card. Ticked a long the top on both sides and drew a line from top right to bottom left.

Told me to proceed to Immigration.

An Officer called me forward. I handed over my COPR forms. We spoke very briefly, but in a nice friendly manner. He then wrote a 4 digit number on the forms, signed the date at two points on each form, stamped both forms. Then asked me my address in Canada. Once he was informed of that, he signed both COPR's and then I signed. He then informed me that I'll receive my PR card within six weeks or so.

All in all. I was in Immigration for less than 10 mins and everything was completed.

Just thought I would share my experience for anyone else that will be arriving in Canada through Pearson T3.

All the best to you all ,

Garry
Just to let you know, Garry, my daughter in Canada phoned to let me know my PR card has just arrived so it has taken about 7 weeks to come. I think I will ask her to courier it over to Scotland so I only need to book a one way flight when I go to Canada for good.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

GazGsm1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chiefmissile
Garry,

Many congratulations on your landing, and thanks for posting your experience, good to know that it was painless, unlike your PR Process.

Can I ask when your application went "In Process" on E-CAS, just trying to work out when we will get our MR. Ideally we would like to think we would have our COPR by Aug, but as time ticks by its looking less likely. We have sent the requested RPRF and other documents and our application went "In Process" on 10 Apr.

Good luck and hope you all settle relatively quickly.

Best Regards

Drew
Hi Drew,

Many thanks for those kind remarks.

In terms of the MR, if memory serves it was around the 8 week mark before I heard anything about MR, but there was a lot happening in London that summer, so there was a little backlog.

I am hoping you hear something sooner than I did.

Keep me posted.

Warm regards,

Garry.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Granma Nessie
Just to let you know, Garry, my daughter in Canada phoned to let me know my PR card has just arrived so it has taken about 7 weeks to come. I think I will ask her to courier it over to Scotland so I only need to book a one way flight when I go to Canada for good.
Hi Nessie,

Many congratulations.

I certainly would get your Daughter to courier your PR card over. It would make the whole CSBA arrival as painless as possible.

Whereabouts in Canada are you relocating too, if you don't mind me asking?

Warm regards,

Garry.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Granma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond reputeGranma Nessie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GazGsm1
Hi Nessie,

Many congratulations.

I certainly would get your Daughter to courier your PR card over. It would make the whole CSBA arrival as painless as possible.

Whereabouts in Canada are you relocating too, if you don't mind me asking?

Warm regards,

Garry.
Hi Garry, I am going to Georgetown in Ontario.

You're not perchance going to Airdrie in Canada ? Lol.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

No lol Although, I will visit Airdrie at some point.

I'm in Winnipeg. My family are here, so that helps for sure.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 3:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

My sister lives in Georgetown!

Old Apr 28th 2013, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by siouxie
My sister lives in Georgetown!

It's a nice wee town but houses are quite expensive so I shall probably have to make do with a tent or tree house! There is now a new bigger Walmart there so hope I can get a partime job there or perhaps Timmies.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's a nice wee town but houses are quite expensive so I shall probably have to make do with a tent or tree house! There is now a new bigger Walmart there so hope I can get a partime job there or perhaps Timmies.
When my sister moved there about 20 years ago it was a small town and she loved it - it has since expanded to the point where the infrastructure (water, roads etc) are being strained to the limits. She is planning on selling up and moving for that reason; her house (which she bought about 11 years ago) has increased by nearly 300% - prices are going crazy in that area.

Hope you find somewhere reasonable!