Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto curries????

Toronto curries????

Old Aug 8th 2004, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toronto curries????

Hi you curry freaks!

Leaving the West of Scotland (where all the best curry houses are) later this month for good, and initially settling in Toronto before moving East next year.

I do love a good curry every few weeks and wondered if any curry houses in the Toronto area can be recommended?

As the old saying goes'their are curry houses and their are curry houses'.

I don't want to find out whats what through having to subject my pallate and digestive system to the poor ones....so all and any help greatly appreciated

cheers
Old Aug 8th 2004, 3:55 pm
squarepants

Default Re: Toronto curries????

Going by your last sentence there, then don't bother yourself with the curry in Toronto, we've had a couple there, and lets just say, I ended up with the runs.

Am told the best ones are in Montreal, so if you happen to drive there, check them out, maybe folks in that part of the country can shed some light on this myth ( if it is ).

Whilst we are on the food issue, here is a website we have found useful with restuarants in a few provinces :

www.foodinc.ca

Originally Posted by macadian
Hi you curry freaks!

Leaving the West of Scotland (where all the best curry houses are) later this month for good, and initially settling in Toronto before moving East next year.

I do love a good curry every few weeks and wondered if any curry houses in the Toronto area can be recommended?

As the old saying goes'their are curry houses and their are curry houses'.

I don't want to find out whats what through having to subject my pallate and digestive system to the poor ones....so all and any help greatly appreciated

cheers

Old Aug 8th 2004, 8:44 pm
Glaswegian

Leaving the West of Scotland (where all the best curry houses are)
Never been to Leicester then??

Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Toronto curries????

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Never been to Leicester then??
Jeez...no decent curry houses...and someone re-awakening long forgotton memories of a rather hectic weekend in Leicester back in the late 60's......

This forum should come with a health warning!

Last edited by macadian; Aug 9th 2004 at 9:11 am.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:30 am
Just Joined

mchatten is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeez...no decent curry houses...and someone re-awakening long forgotton memories of a rather hectic weekend in Leicester back in the late 60's......

This forum should come with a health warning!
There is a couple of good curry houses downtown, near U of T