Top Eight Reasons Not To Immigrate To Canada

Old Aug 19th 2005, 2:42 pm
caribbeanmedicine

Default Top Eight Reasons Not To Immigrate To Canada

TOP EIGHT REASONS NOT TO IMMIGRATE TO CANADA
http://www.*********.com

Old Aug 19th 2005, 2:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Eight Reasons Not To Immigrate To Canada

Originally Posted by caribbeanmedicine
Mainly bollocks, neo-con bollocks at that, but this bit makes good sense :

"obtain a job first, and then immigrate to that country where you have found your job. Don't immigrate and then look for a job. That method can be disasterous. There are many websites on the internet, that you can use to search for employment abroad. Try monster.com , workopolis.com and many others. Please don't blindly get on an airplane and fly over and land at Toronto airport, with the hope that immigration to Canada will magically transform your life. It will not."
Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry you didn't get into medical school in Canada or the US but that's not Canada's fault, is it?

You thought you could beat the system by going abroad for training and it's backfired. I'm not unsympathetic to the costs of retraining in Canada, we're spending our (little!) life savings to do just that for Mr B. It's a choice, nobody made us come here.

All over CIC's documentation it says you should check whether you will be able to practise your respective profession in Canada. Apart from those fleeing opressive regimes and persecution, I see no excuse for the shock and surprise of those who get here and find they can't. They ought to be putting a little more research in to such a major decision

I see what you're saying with regard to CIC rewarding qualifications that are unusable without retraining/license exams but should a doctor/dentist/lawyer/engineer be forced to pursue only that career? I know many who have drifted into teaching, industry...etc - should they be denied immigration because their qualification is assumed to be inflexible?

I hope you find a residency and can put your skills to good use soon. But you can't blame Canada for the decisions you made.

EDIT: Just did the maths - you emigrated to Canada when you were 2yrs old and became a citizen when you were 8yrs old. Just what does CIC and immigration policy have to do with your current predicament?!?!

Last edited by Biiiiink; Aug 19th 2005 at 3:15 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

8. Discriminatory and Dishonest Immigration System.

Pass on that one. Depends upon whether YOU get what YOU want. If you don't its a crap system. Applies to any country

7. Out Of Control Cost Of Living.
Err. Where is the cost of living under control.

6. Health Care Crisis.
Which? The Candian one, the UK NHS, the US at its huge costs ...which?...answer. all of them.

5. Very High Taxes.
Thats called a western outlook

4. Money Hungry Government.
Name one that isn't bad with finances at some time or other

3. No Culture.
Done that one

2. Worst Weather.
Do you like it hot or cold or in between or a bit of both or just sunshine or just snow or just rain or just clouds or just.....now come on which is it

1. No Jobs.

So there are no jobs in Canada then? Just the f'ck how do they survive I wonder?
Old Aug 19th 2005, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

I really think everyone needs to relax. I see more posts here about how awful the UK is and how it is like hell on earth etc etc, but these kinds of anti Canada posts dont really help either. The way everyone is so quick to put down whichever country they arent living seems immature and is getting pretty tiresome.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 8:00 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
"obtain a job first, and then immigrate to that country where you have found your job.
Agreed - that is what we did, we had a bit of luck and it also took a fair bit of effort, determination, and perseverance, with kick backs as well, but there is no chance we would have taken any other route. PR with no jobs was never going to work for us.

Rich.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 12:29 am
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

I read this before , and have to say alot of it is very true. However up-rooting yourself and starting a new life is going to be hard. I also think the fact that people are given points for their education, but in some cases will have to totallly retrain in order to ply there trade is a hard pill to swallow. It would be obvious from an application form that if someone had spent years and years at medical school that upon emmigrating that they would want to work as a doctor. For me there should have been more put in place to make sure people really know what they are getting into.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 3:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buzz365
I read this before , and have to say alot of it is very true. However up-rooting yourself and starting a new life is going to be hard. I also think the fact that people are given points for their education, but in some cases will have to totallly retrain in order to ply there trade is a hard pill to swallow. It would be obvious from an application form that if someone had spent years and years at medical school that upon emmigrating that they would want to work as a doctor. For me there should have been more put in place to make sure people really know what they are getting into.

In Australia, if you're a doctor, dentist, lawyer etc (any registrable occupation) and your qualifications are not acceptable 'in principle' to the relevant Australian authority, then in general you can't migrate on skilled grounds.

Jeremy
Old Aug 20th 2005, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

wcitizen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
In Australia, if you're a doctor, dentist, lawyer etc (any registrable occupation) and your qualifications are not acceptable 'in principle' to the relevant Australian authority, then in general you can't migrate on skilled grounds.
Jeremy
Good point! But are the people who let you come in to Australia the same as those who assess and accept your credentials and give you jobs?
In Canada the government has no problem with international credentials (because they need more immigrants) but the professional bodies (who operate out of government control) have a lot of problem with that. The quality looks as an excuse (at least for the immigrants) and some people see it as a way to restrain competition which ultimately could lead to lower wages for those doctors etc.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

gtrvox1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL

5. Very High Taxes.
Thats called a western outlook
Ehm.....so you think taxes are not too high? I don't agree with most of the other points and don't think I have a "western outlook" but find the taxes outrageous

GTR
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

gtrvox1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dbd33
Mainly bollocks, neo-con bollocks at that
I don't get any sense whatsoever this is "neo-con" - where do you get that? It's just another disgruntled medical graduate who has benefited from a Canadian education and now has found his place under the sun in the land of the greenback. Not the first one, not the last. No neo-con threat here

GTR
Old Aug 20th 2005, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by gtrvox1
Ehm.....so you think taxes are not too high? I don't agree with most of the other points and don't think I have a "western outlook" but find the taxes outrageous

GTR
What?

Taxes are high in all western countries. No doubt too high due to waste.

The person was bemoaning that taxes are high. Of course they are. Stupid statement.

Is it me?
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:34 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm more interested in what the BOTTOM EIGHT REASONS NOT TO IMMIGRATE TO CANADA would be.

1 Store bought tomatoes that taste like metallic fish.
2 4x4 monster trucks with fold down ladders to get into them.
3 "yeah! totally!" (might be just a west coast thing)
4 Men who wear baseball hats front to back, in the sun.
5 Women who still have big 80s hair.
6 I have to learn the new NHL rules.
7 Missing the last ferry after a day trip to Seattle or Vancouver.
8 Valerie Pringle.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 12:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gtrvox1
I don't get any sense whatsoever this is "neo-con" - where do you get that? It's just another disgruntled medical graduate who has benefited from a Canadian education and now has found his place under the sun in the land of the greenback. Not the first one, not the last. No neo-con threat here

GTR
Implied attack on universal health care through the mention of a salary cap for doctors, mention of welfare bums, objection to the government importing foreigners, anti-tax position, tone suggesting that everything's better in the US.

I guess things haven't gone well for this chap in America. Otherwise he'd have moved on rather than still be fretting about Canada. He seems a bit sad really.
Old Aug 20th 2005, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Sheila9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lived in the UK for the last 30 plus years having originally come only for a 6 month working holiday. It has been very good to me: I have made great strides in my professional life that would not have been a possibility in Canada. London is a fantastic city to live in in terms of transport, culture and multi-culturalism which has made me much more open minded.
HOWEVER, I still miss Canada after all these years and am considering retiring back to Ottawa. I have no family (an elderly aunt in Ottawa if that counts and a couple of Canadian friends) and therefore feel I am foot loose and fancy free....
However, I am a bit stumped by the very complicated processes involved in giving it a try for approximately 5 months which is the maximum time you can return for without being categorised at a resident. Over staying this limit would have significant tax implications. Has anyone out there been in a similar situation to me?
I will have a pension which means that I will only be looking for part/time work (nursing) or volunteering to get me integrated back into Canadian life.
The question is I suppose am I just suffering from a bad case of nostalgia?! I really miss Canada sometimes for the wide open spaces and a slower pace of life.
Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed.
Sheila

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.