British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Too young to thinkn about emmigrating? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/too-young-thinkn-about-emmigrating-708196/)

rockycove Mar 7th 2011 4:22 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 
I don't think your too young. I came over to Canada when I was 21 straight out of university and I ll be 26 this month. Your doing the right thing by coming on a working holiday first, its not all plain sailing here.

Alan2005 Mar 7th 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 

Originally Posted by ljcni99 (Post 9221869)
A quick insight to me. Im 22, married but no children. My wife and I are sick of the rat race in this country.

I don't know about being too young to emigrate. But you are far too young to be the burned out husks your post indicates. Tired of the rat race at 22... pfft, the youth of today have no stamina.

readytomove Mar 7th 2011 7:11 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 
We started saving at 22, put in the application at 25 and moved at 26. From everything I've heard, it's far easier while you are young and have no kids to worry about.

cheeky_monkey Mar 8th 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 

Originally Posted by Alan2005 (Post 9223671)
I don't know about being too young to emigrate. But you are far too young to be the burned out husks your post indicates. Tired of the rat race at 22... pfft, the youth of today have no stamina.

Exactly if you can make it in the UK you can make it anywhere.... at 22 sounds like its a little bit too much like hard work so ill try somewhere else..lightweights

Lorna at Vicenza Mar 8th 2011 7:12 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 
Perhaps I was the opposite.
At 22 and even less, I thought I was a prefect age to try out another country.
At that age I thought I was far too young to marry.
Each to their own.

phat-dave Mar 8th 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 9226389)
Perhaps I was the opposite.
At 22 and even less, I thought I was a prefect age to try out another country.
At that age I thought I was far too young to marry.
Each to their own.

+1 best response here

Oink Mar 8th 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 

Originally Posted by ljcni99 (Post 9221869)
Hi. Im new to this forum so go easy. lol

A quick insight to me. Im 22, married but no children. My wife and I are sick of the rat race in this country. We have both always be attrced to moving away. Not for an easier life, just a better quality.

My wife is currently unemployed after recovering from a liver transplant. I am a qualified electrical maintenance engineer with 5 year experience.

We are in the process of trying to plan a working holiday to canada and maybe australia. But i guess my main concern is Canada accepting my qualification.

I guess my question is about te job prospects at my age? FOr the working holiday were hoping to get a job in a resort either in ontario or vancouver

If anyone has ever done this or something similar i would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Ljcni99

Become an outdoor adventure guide, a lobster fisherman or do a Ph.D in 13th century Chinese pottery. If you think the 'rat race' is bad in the UK you should try over here, its like retirement but with a job.

zRichi Mar 8th 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Too young to thinkn about emmigrating?
 

Originally Posted by Oink (Post 9226467)
Become an outdoor adventure guide, a lobster fisherman or do a Ph.D in 13th century Chinese pottery. If you think the 'rat race' is bad in the UK you should try over here, its like retirement but with a job.

Lol, f**king love it.
I remember someone said moving to canada was like retiring to devon but in your 30s.

Surely its not that bad.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.