Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is it too weird to land separately if you already live here?!

Wikiposts

Is it too weird to land separately if you already live here?!

Old May 21st 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is it too weird to land separately if you already live here?!

We've been sitting hanging on to our passports, waiting for a good time to take a road trip to the border, but put it on hold because OH had a 'will he/ won't he' business trip back to the UK and didn't want the faff of getting boarded on a one way (from there) charter out of the UK without a PR card.

Anyway, he's flying back tomorrow, and we're still fannying around with whether he should land on the way back in next week, and then worry about the kids and I later.

So, q's - if he does land next week, he needs the usual with him (goods to follow etc - yeeeeeees, i know we live here, but we've still got a 20 foot ISO's worth in storage waiting to see if we would get PR) and presumably if he carries proof of job/ house/ cars etc he won't need full proof of funds?

Can I just take the kids down to the border one day after he's landed, or does he have to be with me?

Or should I tell him not to land, and wait for meeeeeeeeee?!

What would you do?
Old May 21st 2010, 5:09 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it too weird to land separately if you already live here?!

Originally Posted by debbiem
We've been sitting hanging on to our passports, waiting for a good time to take a road trip to the border, but put it on hold because OH had a 'will he/ won't he' business trip back to the UK and didn't want the faff of getting boarded on a one way (from there) charter out of the UK without a PR card.

Anyway, he's flying back tomorrow, and we're still fannying around with whether he should land on the way back in next week, and then worry about the kids and I later.

So, q's - if he does land next week, he needs the usual with him (goods to follow etc - yeeeeeees, i know we live here, but we've still got a 20 foot ISO's worth in storage waiting to see if we would get PR) and presumably if he carries proof of job/ house/ cars etc he won't need full proof of funds?

Can I just take the kids down to the border one day after he's landed, or does he have to be with me?

Or should I tell him not to land, and wait for meeeeeeeeee?!

What would you do?
I think it would be nice to do it together then you could take a trip to the states as a family to do some shopping and stuff.

Sorry i'm no help regarding the whats whys and wherefores of the other option, but a quick search in the immigration section of the forum should give you some pointers
Old May 22nd 2010, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is it too weird to land separately if you already live here?!

Thanks That's sort of what I thought...

Well, we've got until Thursday to make our minds up!