Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

tomato soup.......

tomato soup.......

Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

shazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud of
Default tomato soup.......

Hi

Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can buy 'normal' Heinz tomato soup anywhere in the area of Kelowna!!!!!!!!!?????????? OH is getting upset....
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: tomato soup.......

Originally Posted by shazr
Hi

Does anyone know if there is anywhere you can buy 'normal' Heinz tomato soup anywhere in the area of Kelowna!!!!!!!!!?????????? OH is getting upset....

What do you mean by "normal"? I buy the regular heniz tomato soup at my closest thrifty's store. It's always on sale.

Oh a little tip - add a slice of low-fat kraft cheese - it's delicious!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:36 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
What do you mean by "normal"?
"Normal" as in "tastes like it does in the UK". What did you think it means on an expat website?

We just buy the Campbells one, its more like the UK Heinz one (as far as I can remember) than the N.American Heinz is. I guess over time you forget what its "supposed" to taste like anyway, and what you have here becomes normal anyway.

How very North American by the way....add cheese to make it better

Last edited by iaink; Sep 8th 2006 at 6:39 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
"Normal" as in "tastes like it does in the UK". What did you think it means on an expat website?

We just buy the Campbells one, its more like the UK Heinz one (as far as I can remember) than the N.American Heinz is. I guess over time you forget what its "supposed" to taste like anyway, and what you have here becomes normal anyway.

How very North American by the way....add cheese to make it better

Maybe tomato soup with things added to the soup smart-ass!

There are many different varieties of tomato soup you know!

You've never experienced pms have you?
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

shazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud ofshazr has much to be proud of

What do you mean by "normal"? I buy the regular heniz tomato soup at my closest thrifty's store. It's always on sale.

Oh a little tip - add a slice of low-fat kraft cheese - it's delicious!
Sorry! I suppose by normal I mean not condensed, I've brought every brand available here and he says it not the same!( what does he expect eh!) thanks for the cheesy tip!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:50 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You've never experienced pms have you?
I used to be on the receiving end of the experience all the time (well, for a few days a month anyway)...but right now that is one of the hidden benefits of breast feeding.

I get sympathetic PMS though, if you dont believe me then ask my OH!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi shazr

Sunshine Market on Lakeshore Drive stocks some British foods, so you may be lucky and find Heinz soups there.

*fingers crossed for you*

Oggy
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Hi shazr

Sunshine Market on Lakeshore Drive stocks some British foods, so you may be lucky and find Heinz soups there.

*fingers crossed for you*

Oggy
Hi Oggy

Thanks, will try there, as I am still a bit new to Kelowna, can you give me an idea where abouts on Lakeshore Rd, still trying to find our way round!!!!

shazr.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
I used to be on the receiving end of the experience all the time (well, for a few days a month anyway)...but right now that is one of the hidden benefits of breast feeding.

I get sympathetic PMS though, if you dont believe me then ask my OH!

My point is smart-ass.....that I add the cheese during pms because I crave the cheese and salt. Nothing to do with the taste of the tomato soup!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:31 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Never found one yet ( 8 years on ) try the organic variety or add a drop of cream or milk and if all else fails hope oh's tastes change and they find something else..
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Oggy

Thanks, will try there, as I am still a bit new to Kelowna, can you give me an idea where abouts on Lakeshore Rd, still trying to find our way round!!!!

shazr.
Sunshine Market is in the Okanagan Mission area of Lakeshore Road. If you are coming from downtown, you'd get onto Pandosy Street & follow it straight out (Pandosy turns into Lakeshore Road). If you need some help, feel free to PM me.

When you are out shopping, look for the free map booklet available for Kelowna - you'll generally find them at the entrance to the shops or at the checkouts. I keep one in my car and it's certainly been used!

Cheers

Oggy
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:42 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Sunshine Market is in the Okanagan Mission area of Lakeshore Road. If you are coming from downtown, you'd get onto Pandosy Street & follow it straight out (Pandosy turns into Lakeshore Road). If you need some help, feel free to PM me.

When you are out shopping, look for the free map booklet available for Kelowna - you'll generally find them at the entrance to the shops or at the checkouts. I keep one in my car and it's certainly been used!

Cheers

Oggy
Its near the Minstral Cafe and the laughing Moon.
They do sell it in there, I saw some the otherday.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm sure shazr could hug you right now, Bleech!

Cheers

Oggy
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bleech
Its near the Minstral Cafe and the laughing Moon.
They do sell it in there, I saw some the otherday.

Oh what a shame, more shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:49 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Oh what a shame, more shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys.
If you're missing your UK foods, you'll like it in there. There's a section with all sorts of stuff in there like Angel Delight, Ready Brek, The much mentioned Bisto and Custard powder. Take your checkbook though, it's not cheap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.