Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Tips for job interview attire

Tips for job interview attire

Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:29 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips for job interview attire

Hi,

Well Kay did end up here in K-Town and was online for months but then when an Okanagan forum disappeared off the face of the earth we never heard from her, shame as she was very knowledgeable and helpful. Some you win some you lose. Same with Janey the Aussie, Janey where r u ???

Rich.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Hi,

Well Kay did end up here in K-Town and was online for months but then when an Okanagan forum disappeared off the face of the earth we never heard from her, shame as she was very knowledgeable and helpful. Some you win some you lose. Same with Janey the Aussie, Janey where r u ???

Rich.

Hope she's ok. The last I heard was that her son had decided to come back out and join them after all. Perhaps she's too busy these days!
BTW Have to tell you that I love reading your posts (mostly!) they make me laugh and you seem so chilled out that I'm sure Canada has been good to you!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:42 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hudman
The teeth thing in N.America is hugely noticeable.
Yeah! Imagine it from a North American's point of view. Surrounded by mostly nice, clean, white, straightish smiles then off to Britain for a holiday... go on some tour of some historical thing-a-bob and all you can do is stare at the marvelous arrangement of metal and plastic in the tour guide's mouth and omg!! wtf?!? :scared:

But to be honest, my dentist here in England is great and although my teeth are white and healthy, they are a bit crooked (but I like that)... after having gone through the torture of wearing braces for three years. Note to parents and sproggen! The results of braces are not permanent!

... well old habits die hard... I'm off to go spray paint a t-shirt on!
Old Apr 21st 2006, 1:52 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelmark
BTW Have to tell you that I love reading your posts (mostly!) they make me laugh and you seem so chilled out that I'm sure Canada has been good to you!
I'm humbled by your kind words, thanks. It's a privelidge to be here, when anything seems bad or frustrating or whatever I just have a look around and remember what it's all been about.

Yes, I'd say the savage beast within who had to wait two long tiring frustrating years has been calmed by the chilled out BC vibes. Guess it was all meant to be, karma-like.

Rich.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Just seen an interesting spectacle at our place, a female candidate coming to first stage interview [pron. innervue]. Tip for Brits how to "fit in" ?

Bleached jeans (tight)
Cowboy boots, snakeskin style
Tight vest top
Long bleached blonde hair
Perfect dazzling white teeth

Female BTW, chances of getting job...hmmm....9/10

Goddamned Calgarians

Rich.
No No NO i think you got it wrong,

the girl who got the job was the one who touched the wall first by walking towards it and with her arms at her side!!!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:36 am
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice

So you're saying I spent needless hours on my resume when all I needed to do was buy another Wonderbra for my ample bosom?

I suddenly feel so much more employable now.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dingbat
Would have to agree that many men here are more overtly focused on attributes other than qualifications, efficiency and suitability for a job when interviewing. What alarms me is when I hear other women colleagues saying to female interviewees "wear that low cut top you have, the job will be yours"...less that they said it and more that they are usually right.
Remember buying a 2nd hand car from a Marketing company in Soho in 1994 . Very posh and all. While waiting in reception noticed lots of stunning young birds milling round all dressed for a nightclub more than an office. Later hinted about that to the fleet manager in his office; His reply was clear: "We only employ ravishing women here, that's our policy"
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by matty266
No No NO i think you got it wrong,

the girl who got the job was the one who touched the wall first by walking towards it and with her arms at her side!!!
Whoooo! That's me! I have a HUGE nose!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest that you should dress for the job such as

Accountant - tasselled loafers

Computer type - shirt pocket protector filled with pens