Reload this Page >

Timescale for automotive service tech exam

Timescale for automotive service tech exam

Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

nikkim will become famous soon enoughnikkim will become famous soon enough
Default Timescale for automotive service tech exam

Hi
I am just about to send hubbies forms off to apply to challenge the automotive service technician exam in Alberta.
Just wondered if anyone had any idea how long they take to reply to these applications as he is thinking of going in April for a few days to take the exam and hopefullypass!!! We didnt know if they would reply that quickly.

Also, just wondered if anyone knew how detailed the exam is. For example in the electrical section, do they want you to know the science side of it - atoms etc (he did all this at college but didnt know if it is worth refreshing). He doesnt want to waste his time going right back to the basics, if they dont ask about that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nikki
x
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:27 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timescale for automotive service tech exam

I have no idea how long it takes to get the go ahead for the exams as any info I would have, would be 3 years out of date now. But please take heed of the previous reply I have given you about being given a 3 month temporary work permit if you are taking exams before you are ready to move.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

nikkim will become famous soon enoughnikkim will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Timescale for automotive service tech exam

Thanks Piff Poff