time scale

Old Mar 18th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

neil armstrong will become famous soon enoughneil armstrong will become famous soon enough
Default time scale

can anyone let me know what the time scale is from starting application to acceptance please.also think i read that with nurses being in short supply that their cases are quicker,if true can you let me know cheers
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: time scale

Originally Posted by neil armstrong
can anyone let me know what the time scale is from starting application to acceptance please.also think i read that with nurses being in short supply that their cases are quicker,if true can you let me know cheers
Hi Neil

Welcome to BE.

Start to finish from scratch presuming that you have not yet applied for PR visa is a case of how long is a piece of string ! Canada introduced a simplified process 18 months ago and now there is a huge backlog of I think around 800,000 applications waiting to be processed

I think that Nurses are on the labour shortage lists for every province so you should be able to get out here quicker on a TWP.

A Few things for you to check are

The Nurses forum

The Wiki - a tonne of info in there if you are new to all of this.

Go take a read and then come back to the forum to ask for any clarification which you might require.

Good Luck

Gaynor
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hi Neil

I replied to you on Canad Immigration yesterday, I hope you can find the link
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:53 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
Hi Neil

I replied to you on Canad Immigration yesterday, I hope you can find the link
Hello, Rhodeys.

As far as I can tell, your other response didn't mention how long your application process was taking. Am I correct in understand (from another thread) that you submitted your temporary work permit application during the first week of January 2008? Then, in your recent response to Neil Armstrong in another thread, I think you said you'd be moving to Canada in 9 weeks. So, by my count, that will be about 5 months from the time that you submitted your TWP application to the time that you'll move to Canada.

Neil, I seem to recall reading that, while registered nurses are eligible for Expedited Labour Market Opinions in Alberta and BC, and while E-LMOs supposedly take only 5 business days to be issued, the hold up is in the medical exam that a nurse needs. I've read posts on this forum that suggest that it can take 3 months to get approval of one's medical exams. (Most TWP applicants don't need medical exams, but those who will be working amongst vulnerable populations, e.g., in hospitals, do need them.)

Neil, you also need to take into consideration the time that it will take for your wife to get her qualifications recognized by the province to which she wants to move. I think I've read that she needs to do that before she can apply for a TWP.

Then you also need to factor in the time it will take to sell your house. It has taken some forum members a long time to sell their houses.

So I would say that, although nurses have a much easier time getting into Canada than people in many other occupations, you possibly could be moving to Canada in about a year from now, when you take everything into consideration.
x
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Hi Judy

Happy Easter

Well after our initial hiccups with our original job offer(s) (Geneva Health) we applied to DTHR on the 17th December 2007, had telephone interview and got written job offer by email on the 21st December 2007. Sent all the required info to CHC 7th January 2008 medical request letter arrived 28th January (or there abouts) Medical done on 14th February (could have gone earlier but work commitments prevented this), we received our TWP 2 weeks ago so all told it took around 2 1/2 months ish...bare in mind I applied to CARNA last Autumn for the initial job offer with Capital Health and that took 6 weeks on top of this. DTHR recieved a positive LMO withing 3 weeks of application. Due to problems with our house sale we can't really fly out to Red Deer until the middle or end of May.

I do hope that makes at least some sense

Last edited by Rhodeys; Mar 21st 2008 at 11:01 pm. Reason: wrong date
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

neil armstrong will become famous soon enoughneil armstrong will become famous soon enough

thanks for that rhodeys
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

No problem..please pm me if you need any help..we ahve really struggled. I have great contacts with DTHR... Good luck