Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

time to participate!

time to participate!

Old Mar 9th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

blimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant future
Default time to participate!

Hi - living in toronto for the last 8 months (moving soon!!) and only just found out about this site - wish it had been here when my wife and I were applying, looks like it would have been really useful!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: time to participate!

Welcome Better late than never, we're all still learning new stuff on here!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

blimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant future

thanks for saying hi - I was starting to feel a bit unwelcome as the new kid with 2 posts that were being passed by!

cheers
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:55 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blimey
I was starting to feel a bit unwelcome as the new kid with 2 posts that were being passed by!
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:17 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry we weren't here to greet you at the door the minute your arrived. Our manners are atrocious. Even Walmart gets that right. We are a bunch of slackers, and the fact that our remuneration is non-existent is no excuse.
x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:42 pm
especially the mint one

club_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really nice

Sorry we weren't here to greet you at the door the minute your arrived. Our manners are atrocious. Even Walmart gets that right. We are a bunch of slackers, and the fact that our remuneration is non-existent is no excuse.
x
wow Judy, that's a bit mean - especially to someone new who just made it here all on their own steam, don't you think? I can understand how he might have felt, seeing other people post on other threads and everything. Not to worry, blimey, we are definitely happy to have you join us!

sending karma!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:06 pm
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough

x
LOVELY
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

x
I may be new, but I do know when a wink and smile are meant to be used to disguise a mean word as a joke. thanks club biscuit!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I may be new, but I do know when a wink and smile are meant to be used to disguise a mean word as a joke. thanks club biscuit!
Welcome Blimey

So where are you moving to? Have you had enough of Toronto?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:55 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Well, for what it's worth, I found your response in post #3 offensive.

Sorry that my time zone is two hours behind yours. Sorry that I had a late night last night, was feeling sleepy this morning, and got a late start. Sorry that I showered, had brunch, had a cup of coffee and so on before I stumbled onto the forum. Sorry that I answered some real questions on the main Canada forum and the Immigration forum before I wondered over to the Meet and Greet forum. Sorry that, although I've posted 4,469 messages in 3 years, I wasn't here on the morning of your arrival.

Of course, you weren't to know all that stuff about me. But it doesn't matter that you didn't know anything about me as an individual. The fact is that nearly all the people who participate on most Internet forums are just ordinary people with lives to live. They participate on forums in their spare time, and they are not paid to participate. It ticks me off when newcomers comment when they don't get attention as soon as they'd like.

Maybe I can bring this issue up during my next remedial class for victims of BHDS (British Humour Deficiency Syndrome) this coming Tuesday night. My instructor may have some suggestions.

In the meantime Elaine B. has valiantly tried to raise the tone of the thread, so I'll get out of the way.
x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

In the meantime Elaine B. has valiantly tried to raise the tone of the thread, so I'll get out of the way.
x
That's a first I've never been accused of raising the tone of anything
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Welcome Blimey

So where are you moving to? Have you had enough of Toronto?
Hi Elaine - no, we just (well 8 mos feels like just) got here, and we're moving from the condo we have been renting to the house we just bought (fingers crossed!) just north of the city in richmond hill. we looked at barrie initially but realised it's way too far to comfortably commute to the GTA and it wasn't really "us" - hard to explain really. thanks for the welcome - where are you?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:26 pm
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough

Well, for what it's worth, I found your response in post #3 offensive.

Sorry that my time zone is two hours behind yours. Sorry that I had a late night last night, was feeling sleepy this morning, and got a late start. Sorry that I showered, had brunch, had a cup of coffee and so on before I stumbled onto the forum. Sorry that I answered some real questions on the main Canada forum and the Immigration forum before I wondered over to the Meet and Greet forum. Sorry that, although I've posted 4,469 messages in 3 years, I wasn't here on the morning of your arrival.

Of course, you weren't to know all that stuff about me. But it doesn't matter that you didn't know anything about me as an individual. The fact is that nearly all the people who participate on most Internet forums are just ordinary people with lives to live. They participate on forums in their spare time, and they are not paid to participate. It ticks me off when newcomers comment when they don't get attention as soon as they'd like.

Maybe I can bring this issue up during my next remedial class for victims of BHDS (British Humour Deficiency Syndrome) this coming Tuesday night. My instructor may have some suggestions.

x
Easily offended arent you ! As I have mentioned in a previous thread I find the way that some of the people on here treat newcomers OFFENSIVE . Just because some of you seem to spend morning noon and night on here you seem to think that you OWN the forum . Please have an open mind when it comes to 'newbies' and remember that as I was myself - some people may know diddly squat about such forums and may not even know how to do a search etc. Surely the great thing about this forum is the wonderful help and advice that can be shared with newbies to the whole emigration experience . I think what Blimey stated was an innocent remark , all too often I see the newbie being 'put in their place ' by the forum 'Police' . Maybe a remedial class in courtesy and respect/patience would be in order .
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Elaine - no, we just (well 8 mos feels like just) got here, and we're moving from the condo we have been renting to the house we just bought (fingers crossed!) just north of the city in richmond hill. we looked at barrie initially but realised it's way too far to comfortably commute to the GTA and it wasn't really "us" - hard to explain really. thanks for the welcome - where are you?
I'm in Toronto we've been in Canada just over 8 years. We used to live downtown but when we wanted to buy a house we had to move to East York to find something in our price range, neither my OH or I can drive so we had to stay close to the subway. Anyway good luck with the move and I hope you're enjoying BE so far

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.