Time from HK

Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough
Default Time from HK

Hi,
I am Indian citizen applied Canada Immgration (Independent category & non-resident of HK) from Hong Kong in Oct 1999. Apart from my file no. (in Dec 1999) and initial assessment in Jan 2000 ( saying that I have to attend interview) I did not receive any notification whatsoever.
I would like to know how much time it would take for my processing? Which months interview are going on now days?
I am working in USA from last 2 years in IT( I updated my file in July 2001 with marriage status and USA experience and in July 2002 with my new employer and experience), is there any chance for interview waiver?

Thanks
Rahul
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 4:51 am
Just Joined

ajbarros is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Time from HK

Originally posted by rahul_singh23:
Hi,
I am Indian citizen applied Canada Immgration (Independent category & non-resident of HK) from Hong Kong in Oct 1999. Apart from my file no. (in Dec 1999) and initial assessment in Jan 2000 ( saying that I have to attend interview) I did not receive any notification whatsoever.
I would like to know how much time it would take for my processing? Which months interview are going on now days?
I am working in USA from last 2 years in IT( I updated my file in July 2001 with marriage status and USA experience and in July 2002 with my new employer and experience), is there any chance for interview waiver?

Thanks
Rahul

Hi Rahul,

I'm a Filipino and a Hong Kong resident; just like you I submitted my Independent application to Canadian Immigration in Hong Kong in Aug. 1999. On March 2000 I received a letter from them informing me that I will have to attend an interview within 15 months starting from the day they posted the letter. After 15 months I send them a follow-up letter asking them about the status of my application and the schedule interview. In reply they send me a code that I can use to check the status of my application using their WEB site. The last time I check online the schedule for the batch of applicant covering my application will have result on Dec. 2003. According to their web site they will finalized on that day if my application is either denied or accepted.

Up to now my application is still hanging and don’t know what will be the result. I’m just wondering is there anyway that we can expedite our application. Have you heard anything from Canadian Consulate on your end? Did you do any follow-up?

To anyone on this forum, do you think approaching immigration lawyer will help get my application approved? With my current situation what’s the chance that my application will get approved? How longer should I wait?

Cheers,

ajbarros
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

doubter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Time from HK

Hi Rahul Singh,

From your name, I believe you are from India. Since you are working in USA for the last 2 years, you could have easily filed your application in RPC, Buffalo. Even the new rules allow you to do this if you were lawfully living in US for the last 1 year. I wonder why you decided to file in Hong Kong! The recent cases in Hong Kong are seen to be 'not-so-comfortable' and there seems to be too many rejections. They ask to sit for a written test for English Language and they just fail so many clients - atleast that is what I heard recently.
On the other hand, if your file were in Buffalo, NY, there could have been a better possibility for an interview waiver. They could even transfer your file to any of the 4 partner offices of your choice within the US for further processing and interview. Even the interview in these 4 offices (New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and Detroit) are very friendly and very just and reasonable. Only a few questions regarding the job, educational qualification, etc. - hardly 10 to 15 minutes, that's all. Since you are already in US, this won't be a hurdle at all. Processing in the Consulates situated in USA seem to be the fastest. If you hand in your documents quickly and promptly when they ask for them, you will soon have your visa stamped in your passport. Keep in regular contact with HK office, or transfer your file to USA or London, England. Anyway, wish you good luck in your efforts.

JM.