British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Thought I would sleep, but oh no (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/thought-i-would-sleep-but-oh-no-467040/)

Lisa_W Jul 18th 2007 1:19 am

Re: Thought I would sleep, but oh no

Originally Posted by Alison33 (Post 5072365)
I'm definately with you on this one. You sure our OH's aren't related in some way. He complains about lack of sleep due to constantly waking himself up. I do occasionally hear him talking in his sleep about work - somelike like "pass me the podger" and I'm like "What?".

What do you do on your days off. Mine are normally spent catching up on washing and other household stuff (I know get a life). His days off are exactly that - a total switch off and recharge. Gotta write him some nice lists of things to do before we put that "For Sale" up. Should keep him very occupied.

Hi Alison

They probably are related if your OH comes from or near Earby near Skipton which is where mine is from as I am convinced they are all interbred there :rofl:

All the days are my days off as I am on "very-extended maternity leave" - (youngest child will be 7 in September!!) much to my husband's disgust as he has tried many times to get me to go back to work. I used to work for a friend on Saturdays until a couple of weeks ago, which I did because I used to enjoy the look of sheer stress and harrassment on his face when I got home at 5pm after he had spent the day with the kids!!

Anyway he thought he had got his own back getting me a Spousal Open Work Permit when we went over house-hunting but the immigration officer cocked it up and put me down as a male on it, so I may have the last laugh after all........!!

Lisa

Alison33 Jul 18th 2007 1:30 am

Re: Thought I would sleep, but oh no

Originally Posted by Lisa_W (Post 5072387)
Hi Alison

They probably are related if your OH comes from or near Earby near Skipton which is where mine is from as I am convinced they are all interbred there :rofl:

All the days are my days off as I am on "very-extended maternity leave" - (youngest child will be 7 in September!!) much to my husband's disgust as he has tried many times to get me to go back to work. I used to work for a friend on Saturdays until a couple of weeks ago, which I did because I used to enjoy the look of sheer stress and harrassment on his face when I got home at 5pm after he had spent the day with the kids!!

Anyway he thought he had got his own back getting me a Spousal Open Work Permit when we went over house-hunting but the immigration officer cocked it up and put me down as a male on it, so I may have the last laugh after all........!!

Lisa

I'd love to be stay at home mum for a short period. Just to get stuff sorted out. Would drive me nuts if I were home all the time and I would probably spend to much money shopping. I am looking forward to being a "lady of leisure" for a while when we arrive. :thumbsup: Waiting to hear about a nice relocation package - so that hopefully may take some of the load off.