Reload this Page >

Those who travelled with dogs

Those who travelled with dogs

Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

RubyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Those who travelled with dogs

Hi
just a query for those who have travelled out with dogs, where did you initially stay? my company are looking to put me up in a hotel which is great but I am kind of worried about the dogs barking in the hotel. also there is a weight restriction which our guys are over (80lbs)
did anyone manage to find any short term rental house? or what did you do?
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all
Default Re: Those who travelled with dogs

Hi,

Where are you heading?

We stayed in a furnished rental in Toronto ( Toronto Furnished Apartments).

The apartment wasn't cheap but it was very comfortable and the manager,Victor
Pinto, was extremely helpful. We paid a one off cleaning fee of around $300.

We had no problem finding a rental house with our dog but he is a Westie, so slighty different proportions to yours.

Good luck.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 9:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RubyD
Hi
just a query for those who have travelled out with dogs, where did you initially stay? my company are looking to put me up in a hotel which is great but I am kind of worried about the dogs barking in the hotel. also there is a weight restriction which our guys are over (80lbs)
did anyone manage to find any short term rental house? or what did you do?
Marriott Residence Inns accept dogs but I am not aware if there is a weight limit.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

When we moved over...we simply had pre-booked our boys into a boarding kennel...they stayed there for a few days until we could get ourselves sorted. This took a lot of pressure of us while we dealt with all of our administrative tasks....and, we believe, allowed the boys to chill and get over the flying experience.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

RubyD is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, we are heading to GTA Oakville area.

We stayed with them in a B&B before and a couple came in late at night to the room next door and I nearly had to be peeled from the ceiling the fright I got to be woken by the dog barking her head off. that was kind of why I am a little worried about hotels and appartments

I was wondering about cottage rental or something like that maybe? I am also looking at putting them into kennels by day, they will not do too well in kennels for a prolonged period.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 5:59 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steveh27wp
When we moved over...we simply had pre-booked our boys into a boarding kennel...they stayed there for a few days until we could get ourselves sorted. This took a lot of pressure of us while we dealt with all of our administrative tasks....and, we believe, allowed the boys to chill and get over the flying experience.
I'm with Steveh27 - I am following his example and doing the same. The animals (I have 3 cats and a dog) don't get half as bloody stressed as me...and I think they pick up on how nervous you get! Mine are going to a place they know well for a week, then the agents will pick them up and they will travel straight away, and arrive straight after Good luck!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

tribec is an unknown quantity at this point

Came with 2 mastiff. Initially stayed at best Western and they were great with the dogs.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

We found that our dog's barking wasn't a problem in the apartment; maybe as the soundproofing was good and we didnt have passers by on the tenth floor!
If that option is not for you, we have rented houses on past reccies (Toronto & Calgary), through PerfectPlaces.com, and have never been disappointed. Some advertise that they will take dogs, although you may be able to negotiate with the others.
Vrbo also have dog friendly rentals. Sorry, can't do links on an IPad.