Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For those already in Canada... Molton Brown products sometimes available at Winners

For those already in Canada... Molton Brown products sometimes available at Winners

Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:38 am
Just Joined

onside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For those already in Canada... Molton Brown products sometimes available at Winners

Just a heads up for anyone looking for a small dose of luxury from home. Winners/HomeSense in Alberta occasionally receive some Molton Brown products. I was absolutely shocked at how much cheaper it is to buy at Winners in Canada. Canadians don't recognize the name at all. They have no idea how great the products are or how expensive they are.

Over the past few years, I've relied on a friend living in London to bring me Molton Brown products when she visits. She recently brought me another gift set that she paid £35 for. Over Christmas, I bought a similar set at Winners for $32.99 CDN --ie. half the cost in the UK. After Christmas markdowns, Winners started selling the gift sets that ranged from $26.99 to $32.99 for $10 CDN --these are sets that go for £25 to £40. (BTW... I wiped out all the available sets in Edmonton and Calgary -- I travel for work). I also bought some make-up like Molton Brown Wonderlips gloss for $6 CDN. It's selling on the Molton Brown UK website for £18.

Just remember that it is Winners and there is no guarantee that the items will be there at any time. If you happen to be there and you find it, great. They don't seem to be selling the items in sets right now but you can find the odd bottles and such. I still find it shocking how inexpensive it is here.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of
Default Re: For those already in Canada... Molton Brown products sometimes available at Winne

I'm off to Winners tomorrow!! I love Molton Brown, and the stuff that I brought over with me is starting to run out!!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:47 am
Just Joined

onside is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For those already in Canada... Molton Brown products sometimes available at Winne

Originally Posted by Steph Golder
I'm off to Winners tomorrow!! I love Molton Brown, and the stuff that I brought over with me is starting to run out!!
I have no idea if the one in GP will have it... Everything from lotions, shower gels, shampoos and conditioners, and some cosmetics are spread out across multiple stores in Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary. I make browsing at Winners a bit of a sport... it's makes road travel for work a bit more fun. The GP Winners has been good to me for finding purses though.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by onside
I have no idea if the one in GP will have it... Everything from lotions, shower gels, shampoos and conditioners, and some cosmetics are spread out across multiple stores in Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary. I make browsing at Winners a bit of a sport... it's makes road travel for work a bit more fun. The GP Winners has been good to me for finding purses though.

Oh well.....It's worth a try. If there is no Molton Brown I'm sure I'll find something else!