Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving from UK to Canada?

Thinking of moving from UK to Canada?

Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:38 am
Just Joined

redleaf1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving from UK to Canada?

You should check this website out first:

The website = ********* dot com
Or Google - *********

If you have skills stay where you are, you will end up in a bad paid job. I moved back to the UK three years ago after moving to Canada, it turned out to be a very costly experience and I am still paying off the debt three years later.

THINK IT THROUGH AND CHECK OUT THE FACTS FIRST
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:46 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Thinking of moving from UK to Canada?

A quote from a fellow brit from the website called *******

I wish I had seen this site before I went to Canada. Although I knew something was not quite right with Canada I went anyway. There is nothing on this site that is not true.

Luckily I was able to get out but it has set me back something serious. I can give you a run down of my take on the whole situation and why I had left within six months if you like but it will just be echoes of the 'big eight'.

I hope your site reaches far and wide and hits home to those who want to go there. I still hear all the time how people want to go to Canada and are amazed I left. When you try and tell them why, you can see in thier eyes they have just 'shut down'. The Canadian propaganda machine is a marvel to behold!! I still snowboard there but at the end of the two weeks I am always glad I get to leave, as is my Canadian wife!

Anyway, all the best

Ian Flower (UK)

Last edited by iaink; Feb 5th 2010 at 12:57 pm. Reason: Dont go around the *** filter
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:57 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

What's the point of your posts? Why don't you just have your rant and get it over with? There are other lengthy threads started by other Canada non-likers (perhaps read haters), so what you say wouldn't be a revelation to anyone on this forum.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Hey I am just trying to make people aware that its not the dream that most people think it is. Trying to save them from making the same mistake as me!!

If you think Im joking about jobs do a job search! On UK sites and Canadian sites!

What few jobs there are go to people they know not the people with qualifications. If you check out the website I told you you will see Im not the only one!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 2:51 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redleaf1
Hey I am just trying to make people aware that its not the dream that most people think it is. Trying to save them from making the same mistake as me!!

If you think Im joking about jobs do a job search! On UK sites and Canadian sites!

What few jobs there are go to people they know not the people with qualifications. If you check out the website I told you you will see Im not the only one!
That site has been flogged all over the place. You didn't discover it. Despite people such as you there are many posters on this site still wanting to come to Canada. They already know the possible pitfalls they face. They know it's not Utopia and not for everyone. If you had bad experiences that's unfortunate but you weren't the first and you certainly won't be the last.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:22 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

There's loads of posts for and against, but seriously if you let your ultimate decision be based upon others viewpoints on a website as opposed to your own findings in 'real life' you probably shouldn't be doing something big like moving to Canada anyway.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:28 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Or Google - *********

If you have skills stay where you are, you will end up in a bad paid job. I moved back to the UK three years ago after moving to Canada, it turned out to be a very costly experience and I am still paying off the debt three years later.

YAWN!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:55 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Another pointless thread.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Or Google - *********

If you have skills stay where you are, you will end up in a bad paid job.

That is a rather sweeping generalisation! I have skills, my job is in demand here and I earn about 3x what I was paid in the UK, with more job satisfaction here. But then I did check the facts first In fact, I think that anyone that comes over here without checking the facts, is setting theirself up for failure.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I can't wait to start my dream in Canada.

I've researched and visited many times in the last 5 years (winter and summer) and know it will be tough, but hey, I'm willing to give it a go. If I don't settle I'll come back, but fully intend to give it at least 3 - 4 years because I expect it to take that long to fully integrate into another country and the way of life. And yes, I am going with my eyes wide open.

Goodluck to those returning / returned to the UK and goodluck to those of us going.

Poppit
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:07 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you didn't
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

"Although I knew something was not quite right with Canada I went anyway"

Why?

PS. Could someone please help me as to how you quote a part of someone else post? I just copied and pasted above.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:59 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strawberry
"Although I knew something was not quite right with Canada I went anyway"

Why?

PS. Could someone please help me as to how you quote a part of someone else post? I just copied and pasted above.
Just hit the "quote" box????

Redleaf, if you go around the *** filter again you will be considered a spammer and banned.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Just hit the "quote" box????

Redleaf, if you go around the *** filter again you will be considered a spammer and banned.
yep I know that, I suppose you just delete the bits you dont want to quote..
Old Feb 5th 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

I fart in your general direction ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.