Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thinking about Ottawa ????

Thinking about Ottawa ????

Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thinking about Ottawa ????

Hubby called me tonight with some news ..

Guess where our property is ... Bayshore .. apparently a crime free neighbourhood, hubby had to get a criminal record check just to get a lease from them .. now i hope this story has been dramatized because the Canadian Gov wants to bring in ID cards (sorry getting countries mixed up now) .. im aware there is trouble everywhere, but i expect this in London UK not Ottawa .. oh well, lease is only for a year, if it is as bad as they say, we can always move.

Just got to keep trucking along ..

This article is from the Ottawa Sun ..

When two armed men barged into a Bayshore townhouse last month, they claimed they were members of the Ledbury-Banff Crips street gang from Ottawa south.

They said they were there to take over the territory of the rival West Side Bloods who control crack and prostitution.

"The Crips are in Bayshore now, f--- the Bloods. The Crips are here," one revolver-waving man shouted at his frightened victims.

IDLE THREAT?

Was it an idle threat to gain control of their victims? Or has a turf war begun between the Bloods and Crips for control of the west end?

"I can't confirm or deny that," Staff Sgt. Mike Callaghan, head of the guns and gangs unit, said of a possible turf war.

Still, Callaghan described the threat as "a terrible thing."

<copyright - balance of article at link>

Last edited by Biiiiink; Sep 5th 2008 at 11:20 pm. Reason: copyright
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

XCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really nice
Default Re: Thinking about Ottawa ????

interesting, 10 min from where I'm sat now. Its not been a talking point at work at all so would never have known if i had not stumbled upon this thread!
We do visit Bayshore shopping center from time to time and there are a few blocks that look a little suspect, but at least i know where to head if i am ever in need of hard drugs and call girls!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:09 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

yeah Bayshore has some run down areas, and a cracking mall but I don't think there's MUCH violent crime.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

I am so glad with those responses ..

I went to bed last night so worried and for the first time in 6 years actually having a moments doubt about leaving .. that was until 1.05am this morning when the police helicopter was getting ready to hand in my garden it was so close and low ..

anyway .. cheers for that, im going back to my rollercoaster life.