Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Thinking about moving to Canada

Thinking about moving to Canada

Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:22 am
Just Joined

nickyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Thinking about moving to Canada

Hi all, we are in the very very early stages of thinking about moving to Canada. It is such a big decission as we have two small children and just need to make sure we are doing the right thing by them. Does anyone have any advice on schools etc. Also I am a horse rider and own my own horse here in Scotland but think it would probably to much to put her through to take her along. Is Canada a good place for horse riding? Can you tell we are in the very early stages of thinking about moving, I don't know anything about the place at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 9:07 am
Just Joined

LinzRoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking about moving to Canada

Originally Posted by nickyo
Hi all, we are in the very very early stages of thinking about moving to Canada. It is such a big decission as we have two small children and just need to make sure we are doing the right thing by them. Does anyone have any advice on schools etc. Also I am a horse rider and own my own horse here in Scotland but think it would probably to much to put her through to take her along. Is Canada a good place for horse riding? Can you tell we are in the very early stages of thinking about moving, I don't know anything about the place at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi,

Wishing you all the best in you search for info, myself and my husband are also from Scotland and we too are looking into Canada specifically ontario and nova scotia, might be worth your while going to the Leeds exp in june might help you on your way also wiki has loads of good info.

Might be worth adding where you are looking, might get better advice on schools etc.

Good Luck
Lindsay )
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:50 am
Just Joined

nickyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Thinking about moving to Canada

Thanks for that info - I am not even to sure where we would want to move to, we have been told Vancouver is very nice.

Good luck to you to if you go.

Nicky
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:54 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - we are looking at Vancouver for this summer

Good luck
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:56 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Hi Nicky and welcome to the forum. You are entering a very deep and wide source of information here, and I really would advise you to read and study the Wiki, and the beginners guide. These sections will more or less give you the low down on a thousand things you need to know. After you have become a little "savvy" on this huge undertaking, you will be able to know roughly where you want to settle, job and education requirements etc. Then you can get much better advice etc from us, when your questions are specific and focused. So as Judy would say, get a huge pot of tea or coffee, and get down to a lot of reading. We all look forward to assisting you in any way we can.
Good luck!