Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is there anything you would miss if you left Canada?

Is there anything you would miss if you left Canada?

Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:11 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anything you would miss if you left Canada?

Originally Posted by iaink
A non comprehensive list...
Skiing on the way home from work
Winters coming and that is something I'm really going to miss - along with day trips up to Whistler....
Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

A&W's rootbeer
Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:24 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

my house , lol and surprisingly the weather i like hot summers and cold winters , i love the brightness even if it is bloody freezin , lol
Old Sep 16th 2010, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

Everything
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:39 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockies. That's about it, really.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:50 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Square footage and land size.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 6:54 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Whistler, Stanley Park, the countryside, ferry rides. Struggling to find much else, like iaink, I like being able to see stars now I'm out of the city, but I can get that in the UK.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

FraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant future

Blue skies (if we ever get them back!)
The Rockies
The friends I've made
The easy access to kids playgrounds (loads here compared to the 2 we had in our village)
My volunteer job
The Jack Rabbits
Tim's
Canadian outlook on life
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

quietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nicequietgiroth is just really nice

Wild Turkeys in the back yard
Lol, I was about to let the dogs out when I noticed 24 of them hanging out with the horse. The horse was not impressed.

I guess it would all depend on where I went...

My wife
The countryside
Growing my own veg
Winter
Driving a Subaru in winter
The first snow of the year
Yes, I'm with you on the stars!
Probably lots of other things, but YNWA is playing at Anfield so my attention is elsewhere.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:07 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quietgiroth
Probably lots of other things, but YNWA is playing at Anfield so my attention is elsewhere.
Good god, you must have sensitive hearing!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Good god, you must have sensitive hearing!
A post-rap band? Young Ns With Attitude?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

My job - don't think I could ever go to back to the NHS
The stunning scenery all around me
Quiet roads
A&W
Friendly people and friendly service in restaurants
Cheap steaks
Having a basement in my home
Real seasons as opposed to rain all the time
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

My airconditioner in the summer
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:23 pm
Banned

Boy_Howdy is just really niceBoy_Howdy is just really niceBoy_Howdy is just really niceBoy_Howdy is just really niceBoy_Howdy is just really niceBoy_Howdy is just really niceBoy_Howdy is just really niceBoy_Howdy is just really nice

crowded house
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:27 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

A sense of intellectual superiority.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.