Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Televission Studios in bc

Televission Studios in bc

Old Aug 16th 2006, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

leanne is on a distinguished road
Question Televission Studios in bc

Hi all Can any one please tell me were the main TV industry is in BC.

Any addresses will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards Leanne & Sean
Old Aug 16th 2006, 4:22 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Televission Studios in bc

Vancouver. been a few posts months ago about all the films/TV being produced/filmed/edited/SF'd there.

Rich.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leanne & Sean

There is a large film production lot that is located on Lougheed Highway in Burnaby, just before Boundary Road/Vancouver. I could be wrong, but I think there are studios in North Vancouver as well.

Here are some links that might be helpful to you....

http://www.bcfilmcommission.com/

http://www.womeninfilm.ca/links/index.php?catid=28

http://www.bcfilm.bc.ca/qa.php

http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsA...ry/default.htm

Cheers

Oggy

Last edited by NessieOggy; Aug 16th 2006 at 6:42 pm. Reason: Spelling!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Hi Leanne & Scott - not sure what exactly you're looking for - unfortunately tv/film production isn't all based in one place in Vancouver.

What are you looking to do? I might be able to help point you in the right direction. I used to be an actress in Vancouver and I'm a producer here in the UK but my husband - who's a director of photography - and I are looking to move back and we've been doing some research!

All the best!

Emily
Old Aug 16th 2006, 7:51 pm
Banned

AnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud ofAnnetteM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leanne
Hi all Can any one please tell me were the main TV industry is in BC.

Any addresses will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards Leanne & Sean
Check out the websites for Global TV, CBC, BCTV etc. Those are the TV stations in Vancouver.