Telephones

Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:24 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of
Default Telephones

Anyone know if our Belgian telephones would connect to a Canadian line in BC?

I have my doubts personally, but was just wondering...

For the mobiles we have our own unlocked ones - I thought about getting SIM cards from Rogers (so can convert easily when the iPhone arrives in Canada) - anyone any experience with them?

Thanks,
C2006
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:26 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telephones

As a side note/question. Looking at the cordless phones in Canada - there appears to be ones that are 2.4Ghz ones (presume these are like the DECT ones we are used to in the UK) and 5.8Ghz ones - what's the difference?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:34 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77
As a side note/question. Looking at the cordless phones in Canada - there appears to be ones that are 2.4Ghz ones (presume these are like the DECT ones we are used to in the UK) and 5.8Ghz ones - what's the difference?
The 2.4 GHz ones tend to **** up if you've got the microwave on at the same time. And they don't like wireless internets, neither.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 10:38 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
The 2.4 GHz ones tend to **** up if you've got the microwave on at the same time. And they don't like wireless internets, neither.
My 2.4 Ghz ones here work fine with the microwave on AND wifi. In fact, I have two separate bases/ sets of phone, one connected to POTS, the other to an IP gateway.

I notice that DECT phones are listed separately in Canada? Maybe the 2.4Ghz ones are actually analogue? That would explain the interference you mention....