Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

TD Canada Trust

TD Canada Trust

Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:09 am
AOR 16th August 2004

tirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant futuretirrellz has a brilliant future
Default TD Canada Trust

....Can anyone give me a contact name for a branch in Calgary and area that will open an account for us from the UK. I know it can be done but I need a contact, Thank you.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TD Canada Trust

Originally Posted by tirrellz
....Can anyone give me a contact name for a branch in Calgary and area that will open an account for us from the UK. I know it can be done but I need a contact, Thank you.
Can I just ask are people leaving their UK accounts open when first go over?? U are able to access all your money just the same arent you?? anyone got any advice re this??
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:15 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Can I just ask are people leaving their UK accounts open when first go over?? U are able to access all your money just the same arent you?? anyone got any advice re this??
We are leaving an account open but largely because hubby might have to go out ahead of me, however we will prolly keep it opne anyway but I do understand that there may be charges for transfers and stuff - might be worth just checking with your bank just in case - don't wanna get stung!! :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ki76
We are leaving an account open but largely because hubby might have to go out ahead of me, however we will prolly keep it opne anyway but I do understand that there may be charges for transfers and stuff - might be worth just checking with your bank just in case - don't wanna get stung!! :scared:
Thanks. I may ring them in abit so we know where we stand when the time comes... so much stuff to sort out isnt there... i lay in bed at night and another thought pops in!!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:17 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have a specific contact person/number for Calgary but...

Go here: https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/custse...tus_branch.jsp

Find the branch you want to contact in Calgary and the branch number should be listed. But good luck... I've been trying to speak to someone at my branch (in Victoria) for a few days now.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:20 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I may ring them in abit so we know where we stand when the time comes... so much stuff to sort out isnt there... i lay in bed at night and another thought pops in!!
LMAO - I do that all the time... gets damn annoying doesn't it??? oh, must remember to do so and so, wonder what we should do about this and that... arrrrghhh!!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I don't have a specific contact person/number for Calgary but...

Go here: https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/custse...tus_branch.jsp

Find the branch you want to contact in Calgary and the branch number should be listed. But good luck... I've been trying to speak to someone at my branch (in Victoria) for a few days now.
That's because I'm always on the phone with them. I deposited a cheque into the green machine but forgot to endorse it, so the TD sent it to a branch in Victoria then called me and asked me to stop by and sign the the cheque. Since then I've been trying to persuade the people in Victoria that I'm here and I don't deal with them and they keep suggesting that I go into the branch to sort things out. Perhaps you could pose as me and get the cheque back?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's because I'm always on the phone with them. I deposited a cheque into the green machine but forgot to endorse it, so the TD sent it to a branch in Victoria then called me and asked me to stop by and sign the the cheque. Since then I've been trying to persuade the people in Victoria that I'm here and I don't deal with them and they keep suggesting that I go into the branch to sort things out. Perhaps you could pose as me and get the cheque back?
I would but I'm not in Canada... not that that geographical fact would register with them anyway, as you are well aware. Plus, I'd need to boorrow a dog and I don't know anyone who has a gay one.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:04 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I would but I'm not in Canada... not that that geographical fact would register with them anyway, as you are well aware. Plus, I'd need to boorrow a dog and I don't know anyone who has a gay one.
Anyone else, you mean! Have you gone back to England?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Have PM'd you
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by dbd33
Anyone else, you mean! Have you gone back to England?
Yeah. I've been in England for about a month. Now I'm about to return to my first sub-zero winter in about 15 years.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:39 am
Assimilated Pauper

Yeah. I've been in England for about a month. Now I'm about to return to my first sub-zero winter in about 15 years.
Does that make she crazy
Does that make she crazy
Does that make she crazy
Probably
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:13 pm
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

I've lived abroad for 8 years and have always kept my LloydsTSB account open. I've given them my address in Belgium, use internet banking alot, and they send my debit card over. You'll probably have to cancel credit cards though - however LloydsTSB use Visa for their debit which is grand for everything except car hire.

In our French "move to Canada" book, they recommend getting an Amex card as you can transfer to Canada, no problem. Haven't tried though - Amex is expensive.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:35 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

At an 'Emigrate Now' exhibition a Canadian 'money matters' representative suggested leaving your bank account open (including childrens) with minimum deposit as, in her opinion, when children grow up they often want to return to their roots, or you may yourself want to return home. This way, you still have an active account at the bank and kick-starting it should be no problem. Mind you, don't know if the bank would be happy about this.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

AnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really niceAnyaT is just really nice

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
At an 'Emigrate Now' exhibition a Canadian 'money matters' representative suggested leaving your bank account open (including childrens) with minimum deposit as, in her opinion, when children grow up they often want to return to their roots, or you may yourself want to return home.
That's kind of funny, an emigration consultant advising people on what to have in place for their return to the UK!

Aren't bank accounts inactive for a certain period closed automatically? I know it takes a few years, but if there is an account in a child's name and they don't do anything with it until their return in, say 10 years, they might find no record of their account and their money gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.