TAX form P85

Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

jandavid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TAX form P85

Hi

has anyone completed the P85 tax form 'leaving the UK' and why?

are there any other UK gov forms you need to complete when emigrating?

Many thanks in advance
Sadshirt
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TAX form P85

Originally Posted by jandavid
Hi

Many thanks in advance
Sadshirt
There's a departure "to do" list here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Departure_To_Do_List - hope that helps
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

To tell them you're leaving and to get some money back!

Zoe M. x
Old Mar 31st 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

For sure, i did, and the nice person at the government sent me a cheque for lots of pennies Well worth 5 minutes effort.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks everyone, very useful info.
Regards
Sadshirt
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Hi

Many thanks in advance
Sadshirt
We are coming over at the end of April on a 6 months visitors visa (assuming we get that amount of time) to continue with our community indentified application. Would it be worth filling the P85 out for that? We don't want to come back but you never know do you?

thx
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by deanjp32
We are coming over at the end of April on a 6 months visitors visa (assuming we get that amount of time) to continue with our community indentified application. Would it be worth filling the P85 out for that? We don't want to come back but you never know do you?

thx
Hi Deanjp32

I'm not sure what you could do, but I would take the forms with you just incase or if you'll be interent connected then save the forms from the website into your favs or download ready. If you you successfully end up staying then at least you'll ahve the forms to send back to UK. I assume they will pay money if owed into a Canadian account??

I thought you could enter Canada for 6mths just on your UK passport??

I'd be interested in some information on how you got involved with the community route, we have been looking at this but have no connections and will be going out in May for the first time on a recce. Ive been in touch with Lunenberg Queens RDA and they are looking into our situation. I spoke with a CORDA rep at Sandown emigration show and she was very helpful.

Many thanks and regards
Sadshirt
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Thanks for that Jandavid, Have PM'd you some info. Where abouts you staying in May?