Tax

Old May 11th 2014, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

fizzyo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax

Hi,
Not been on here for a while. I lived in Ontario as a permanent resident from Feb13 to Aug13 inclusive. I was fully employed from Mar onwards and paid tax.

I have now returned to UK permanently. Am I likely to be eligible for an overpayment of tax?

If so how would I go about claiming it?

Many thanks for any help.
Old May 11th 2014, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax

You would start here :

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/formspubs/menu-eng.html,

fill out the relevant forms, and do the same for the province in which you were resident, surely?

S
Old May 11th 2014, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

fizzyo2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tax

Originally Posted by Shirtback
You would start here :

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/formspubs/menu-eng.html,

fill out the relevant forms, and do the same for the province in which you were resident, surely?

S
Hi,
Thanks. You would think so! Forms are even more complex than in uk. I have filled out the forms and it appears I may not be eligible. Which is fine. I was just wondering on the off chance. There appears to be no quick way to ascertain whether it is worthwhile.