Tattoo's

Old May 1st 2007, 3:58 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tattoo's

Originally Posted by louise033
Can anyone recommend a good tattooist in the Calgary area?
Not sure this would be a recommendation but my eldest son is currently getting a rather large tattoo done on his back (goes from his waist to his shoulders).

He is getting it done at Bushido Tattoo and Piercing, he has also had some work done at Smiling Buddha.

I wasn't overly impressed with the one he got from Smiling Buddha. From what I've seen of his new one (one third complete) it's much better.

Cheers
Steve
Old May 1st 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

My son is a tattoo artist. He works with his brother in law at

http://www.risingsuntattoo.ca/flash.php

If you click on Tattoos - and then Julian - you can see stuff he has done.

Nice website. They have a gorgeous studio - nothing like most of the scuzzy places - and use an autoclave for sterilization. He would know of the best places in Calgary - cleanliness is of prime importance - at least it should be!!
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:37 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Charlie

What a fab idea for a tat

Gay

Hi Gay,
Yeah was supposed to be the secret weapon, didn't work though, IVF failed twice, never mind...

Now have 3 fab step children who live with us, so probably just as well!
Charlie
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by louise033
Can anyone recommend a good tattooist in the Calgary area?
Hi Louise,

I don't know one in Calgary but I've heard that Edinburgh has a good one each year.

Sorry, I know it's not helpful but I couldn't resist.

Simon
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I asked Julian who he would recommend in Calgary.

He said the Smiling Buddha is really good - they are one of the most famous tattoo places in Canada -- Scott Ford is good.

Bushido - Doug Fink.

Deadly Tattoos - James Tex - he said he is booked up a year in advance so if you don't want to wait that long - there is also Dino.

Strange World - Rick Wilson.

He also said - if you can find it - that all these guys have My Space pages. He said that sometimes they are hard to find but if you found a page for James Tex and then looked at his friends - you would find all their pages and they all have photos of their work on their My Space pages.

However, at the end he said if you can't find their pages and you live in Calgary - it's probably just easier to go down there and look at their work!!