Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

taking shotguns to canada

taking shotguns to canada

Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:12 pm
off to Nova Scotia !

madasafish has a brilliant futuremadasafish has a brilliant futuremadasafish has a brilliant futuremadasafish has a brilliant futuremadasafish has a brilliant futuremadasafish has a brilliant future
Default taking shotguns to canada

Hi all, I have researched this quite alot, and i think I know what to do, however was wondering if anyone has experienced taking their shotguns when landing, and what it was like?

My hubby and I have a 12 bore shotgun each. Hubby also has a de activated Lee enfield. Also if anyone knows of any clay pigeon schools around Nova scotia, as we could only see rifle ranges. Thank you.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:19 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking shotguns to canada

Originally Posted by madasafish
Hi all, I have researched this quite alot, and i think I know what to do, however was wondering if anyone has experienced taking their shotguns when landing, and what it was like?

My hubby and I have a 12 bore shotgun each. Hubby also has a de activated Lee enfield. Also if anyone knows of any clay pigeon schools around Nova scotia, as we could only see rifle ranges. Thank you.
I believe you need to contact the airline first.
You will be given a declaration form before landing in Canada on which you must declare items you are taking in with you. If you haven't already seen one here's a link:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/e311/README.html

Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

screene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nicescreene is just really nice

Originally Posted by madasafish
Also if anyone knows of any clay pigeon schools around Nova scotia, as we could only see rifle ranges. Thank you.
I was taken to the Annapolis Valley Gun Club by a Nova Scotian friend a couple of years ago. Great facility, I think they do skeet there.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

chams is on a distinguished road

If you are coming here to live, bear in mind, Canada has a gun registry.

http://www.cfc-cafc.gc.ca/reg_enreg_e.asp