Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

The Sutherlands Landing

The Sutherlands Landing

Old Mar 11th 2007, 5:28 am
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Sutherlands Landing

Glad you are settling well.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:38 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
Thanks all for you kind words, life just seems very good at this time, girls night out tonight with a few on this site, a baby shower tomorrow, and my new job on Monday

SANS: Best of luck in the sale of your house, Yes 4 years is a long long time to wait to move on in your life, we can now stop saying to the kids "NO you can`t get that as it wont work in Canada". Though it is now costing us a fortune. Just pm me if you need any info bud when you land..
Thankyou for your wishes and i will pm you if only to annoy I know what your saying about the kids, my 2 are 11 in April and although they understand and have been really good about not being able to have this and that , i still feel dam guilty. But i'm sure when they finally get their , they will more then make me make it up to them

Sans X
Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, we've got an 11 year old too - with you all the way.

At Christmas, dozy relatives managed to buy her all sorts of electrical stuff, which we had to take back....despite us explaining the situation!

Great to hear that the Sutherlands are settling in well, really lifted my spirits after a tough couple of weeks. It can work out - even if it is early days.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:43 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
Hey, we've got an 11 year old too - with you all the way.

At Christmas, dozy relatives managed to buy her all sorts of electrical stuff, which we had to take back....despite us explaining the situation!

Great to hear that the Sutherlands are settling in well, really lifted my spirits after a tough couple of weeks. It can work out - even if it is early days.
This xmas wasn't to bad, it had sunk in ( i think ) but last yr they were bought karoke machines and stuff, and like you i had been asking for no electrics. OH took karoke to car boot, cost about £80-£90 and was offered £2.50
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:34 am
Who? Me?

Tam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really niceTam Kilmarnock is just really nice

Originally Posted by sans
This xmas wasn't to bad, it had sunk in ( i think ) but last yr they were bought karoke machines and stuff, and like you i had been asking for no electrics. OH took karoke to car boot, cost about £80-£90 and was offered £2.50
Well done!!!! your postings are certainly an inspiration to me and probably others who are going just reaching the stage you have just gone through...
......Good Luck and thanks,

Tom
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:03 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

ONE YEAR ON

We landed a year ago on the 31st of Jan 2007.

Did we make the right decision to move to Canada from Scotland?

For our family of 4, 2 kids age 10 and 14 both girls; I can say a big resounding YES…

We have done so much living here, we have just bought our very own piece of Canada here in Jan, in fact we moved into it on the 11th of Jan just beating the One year mark. Kids have once again settled into a new school their last till they move to high school and college/University, and again have done so well in making friends and settling in again that I’m so proud of them.

We have been camping and canoeing, cycling, bird watching, swimming not yet done the winter sports thing yet as we find so little time between all the new friends that we have met the parties we go to and hold. I am sure we will set time out for next year to ski and ice-skate.

My family have been out to see us and also friends taking up the whole month of Sep, did feel a bit home sick when my mum left but it was more mum sick than home sick.

Hubby loves his job, in fact he is in New York this week doing some training, he has been back over to the UK for his work also last year.

I like my job but alas being paid very little compared to what I earned in the UK, but saying that Hubby is getting paid far more than he was in the UK so it has evened out to be the same income. But better living and weather and just such a great country to bring my kids up in...

My only regret is that we did not get here sooner to start this great life…I felt that we did waste so much time in waiting to get in, my only advice is still to enjoy your life in the process of waiting.

For the parents just get the kids what they want in the UK, we never and ran out and bought it all when we got here, new bike for the oldest (only rode it once I swear), the trampoline I said to wait for only got used for a couple of weeks, This is my only regret not getting it for them and making them wait…..
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:33 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations,
Glad to hear it all worked out for you and your family.....
Charlie
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi Sunderlands,

well sounds like you found what you were looking for, something we want to find too.
Is it worth the wait? you make a good point about not waisting your time while waiting to get in.

It real nice to read some positive stories about making a new life in Canada. Well done to you, hope it keeps getting better, don't forget this sight/forum.

Best wishes to you all,
regards,
Gibbo's
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi ya purple80, how you doing?

We will have to sort another meet up in spring??

regards to all,
Carl
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:24 am

LorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of lightLorraineG is a glorious beacon of light

Really informative posts Sutherlands, and great to hear how well life is treating you all. Long may it continue!
Lorraine G.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:03 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

that is such a good read, thanks for sharing. it fills me with confidence that our move will go as well, as long as we've done enough forward planning.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:14 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

Great posts, soo postitive, makes me very jealous
Whereabouts did you end up buying?
Ive got family in Whitby and Brooklin, lovely houses all over that area.

Karen
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:55 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Really good posts, I'm glad everything has worked out well for you. We are on our way to our 6 month anniversary next week, my only regret I haven't got a work permit, but that will change soon.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:11 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Oooeerrr hey buds So pleased its all going so well still Heres to you and your family
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:06 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Hi Karen, We live just 10 mins away from Whitby, also have family there also, great area.

Thanks Sans, hows your family doing? hope things are going just as well for you too...

It really does not seem a year all ready, hey time flys when your having fun

Sutherands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.