Surprise !

Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:43 pm
WAH
Just Joined

WAH is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Surprise !

This is a very general question that may have been asked before, but, for those of you who've moved to Canada in, say, the last couple of years, what was the most unexpected aspect of your new life, good or bad ?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Surprise !

Originally Posted by WAH
This is a very general question that may have been asked before, but, for those of you who've moved to Canada in, say, the last couple of years, what was the most unexpected aspect of your new life, good or bad ?
That we could have got this far into a Canadian winter and have had so little snow and relatively mild temperatures. Our third winter here is so unlike the previous two but it looks like we're getting a dump of snow now so normal service resumed.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

snowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WAH
That small town people are so small-minded; I'd been led to believe they were soooo friendly out here - and ditto Stepnek
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:01 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WAH
I like buffalo.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I like buffalo.
If so why are you in Calgary?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

That I don't like peanut butter after all.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:48 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

That Cod have tongues and that fried cod tongues is considered a delicacy!
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
If so why are you in Calgary?
maybe she meant she is fond of the 4 legged variety
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
maybe she meant she is fond of the 4 legged variety
I know that.

Technically that's not buffalo it's bison.

I'm not as thick as I look you know.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:34 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Nor are you as young as you look, eh?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

I know that.

Technically that's not buffalo it's bison.

A rose by any other name..........................
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
A rose by any other name..........................
We went to visit the place where we buy our "buffalo" meat products and while there we got a tour of the ranch and a ride in the back of a half-ton truck into the herd, it was great fun.

While there we were told that they aren't "buffalo" but bison and that they are in no way related to true buffalo as there are no such animals native to the north American continent.

They try not to use the term buffalo, but as most of us (the general public) continue to call them buffalo then they will reluctantly do the same as they slowly try to educate us otherwise.

Oh and by the way the rancher is an Expat Scot.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Nor are you as young as you look, eh?
Shhhh...don't be giving away all my secrets.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:10 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Shhhh...don't be giving away all my secrets.
What about that Picture in the Attic? Is it still ageing faster than you are?
Old Jan 15th 2007, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
What about that Picture in the Attic? Is it still ageing faster than you are?
You are just bound and determined to ruin my rep.

Aren't you?

As if I had one.

Cheers mate
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.