Reload this Page >

Student Paramedic wanting to move to canada

Student Paramedic wanting to move to canada

Old Sep 21st 2019, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Travellingmedic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Student Paramedic wanting to move to canada

Hi,.

I'm currently finishing of my bachelor's to become a paramedic, is there any way I can move directly from graduation to Canada and apply for jobs as a paramedic or NQP there. Will anyone take me on?
i have family living in Canada so would love to live there

Any help appreciated hugely!
Old Sep 21st 2019, 11:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Paramedic wanting to move to canada

First you need to check whether you can get a visa, without one it's not going to happen. What family do you have there,family members? Have a read here to help.
https://britishexpats.com/forum/immi...hip-canada-33/
Old Sep 21st 2019, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

IEC visa might be a good option, if you’re under 30.
Old Sep 21st 2019, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

ukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeukcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.internationalparamedics.com

have a look, might answer some questions. Several paramedic have done the jump to BC but in don't know if they helped with visas. The guys who run the site would have the most up to date info and be able to answer your questions.
First thing though is try to narrow down where you want to move as unlike the UK each province has it's own paramedic body and so the hoops are similar but different.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

AMB1971 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll go with the above, i did it from WMAS back in 2007, and have been working in alberta ever since, I will speak only of AB, because i've only been registered here and BC, you chief stumbling block will be that Batchelors, several people have tried it in recent years and sadly (without going into a long drawn out explaination why) the Alberta College of Paramedics will not recognise your degree, you will need a permit to practice from them as they are the equivalent of the HCPC\HPC, also you may find some gaps in your education (or not) as the routine practice levels here in AB are a little different here compared to the UK and you will require some extra skills RSI to name but one...

I have done it in the past and i'm more than happy to help you navigate it, but like everyone else has suggested you need to look at what sort of visa first